“Delicius food and great service”

Sjavargrillid Seafood Grill
Ranked #35 of 529 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In 2010 a young chef from Húsavík, was awarded Chef of the year 2010 in Iceland.The young chef, Gústav spent months traveling around Iceland looking for the real taste of Iceland, along the way he found a few things that are key items of the interior of the restaurant.Take a look at our menu, it will be our pleasure to fire up the old grill when you honor us with a visit.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is my first time to Sjávargrillið and i must say that the service is outstanding and the food is realy good…… A+++

Write a ReviewReviews (2,888)

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We booked this restaurant via email, which had been all very courteous, for a New Year's Eve dinner. We stared the evening with some yummy cocktails. The staff were great and were not rushing us to order our food so we were able to enjoy our drinks and thaw out from the walk there. There were 4 of us and we all ordered a set menu, which included lovely lobster. I wanted to swap the dessert on my set menu and this was no trouble at all. The atmosphere in the place was very relaxed but the attention of the staff could not be faulted. With our bill we got given some sparklers to take to the infamous New Year's Eve fire works party in the city.

1  Thank Kerry F
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I'm used to being a little bit of a second class citizen in restaurants which specialise in animal proteins. I'm not talking about terrible service, but usually if you go to a place and you don't eat the thing they specialise in, you need to be prepared for mediocrity at best.

And I was- my husband is a devoted pescetarian and I had friends rave about this place to me. So as a treat for him I booked a table for lunch on our final day there, and prepared myself to have a salad as a main. When we got there though, the server told me her favourite main was actually vegetarian but usually only served for dinner- no matter, she would tell the kitchen to make it for me!

Vegetarian, or Seafood: everything we ate here was delicious, well prepared and at lunchtime atleast- staggeringly good value. We were happy to pay and happy to tip well.

We never really imagined Reykjavik as being a culinary hotspot, but we had so many delicious meals here that its a favourite for a return journey. And if we ever do go back, this place is at the very top of our list.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place is a must visit for all foodies. the food is top notch and very creative. Excellent wine list as well.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I had the seafood dinner. The cooking was super imaginative and very well delivered. My wife loved it and I should have. Service was good , but main course was distinctly over salted for my taste. I hardly use salt at home so I may be super sensitive ,but I do not think so. Similar experience in another Icelandic restaurant so perhaps it is an Icelandic thing.