“Very tasty!”

Sjavargrillid Seafood Grill
Ranked #36 of 529 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Scandinavian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In 2010 a young chef from Húsavík, was awarded Chef of the year 2010 in Iceland.The young chef, Gústav spent months traveling around Iceland looking for the real taste of Iceland, along the way he found a few things that are key items of the interior of the restaurant.Take a look at our menu, it will be our pleasure to fire up the old grill when you honor us with a visit.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nice menu and well faceted arrangement of grilled fish and seafood on the plate. Even the dessert was very well faceted. All very tasty. Almost too tasty, like the brain got confused of all the good taste.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,889)

Reviewed July 30, 2013

When seated at the wrong table upon arrival the staff swiftly recognised their mistake and we were moved and received complimentary drinks. I strongly recommend having the Créme brullée for dessert.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was the first time I went to a restaurant and everybody at the table really enjoyed their meals.
My father in law, who is extremely fussy about food said that that was the 2nd best restaurant he had ever been in his life.
We went there twice and both times everything was perfect.
Really recommend this restaurant, and the value for money was really worth as well!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The name of this place is misleading. Seafood Grill gives me thoughts of gardenparty or something like that. But this place is a fantastic gourmetrestaurant. I took the full menu with a little bit of everything and the winemenu that was for that food. It is all the best from the Icelandic kitchen from local ressources. The waiters were kind and the whole atmosphere very pleasant. I would absolutely go back to this restaurant if I should ever come back to Reykjavik

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We booked based on tripadvisor reviews, and we had a fantastic meal. The seafood soup is the best I have ever tasted, and when I jokingly asked about the recipe, to my amazement the lovely Head chef came out and told me how to make it. that is service and commitment.
My husband had the lamb which was beautifully tender and full of flavour, and I had the Langoustine and catfish which was an amazing array of tastes which worked brilliantly together. The atmosphere was buzzing and the service excellent. There is a wait for your main course because it was very busy and they cook it all from scratch...but hey..,what's the rush. One of our best meals ever.