“Just fabulous”

Sjavargrillid Seafood Grill
Ranked #16 of 473 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Scandinavian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In 2010 a young chef from Húsavík, was awarded Chef of the year 2010 in Iceland.The young chef, Gústav spent months traveling around Iceland looking for the real taste of Iceland, along the way he found a few things that are key items of the interior of the restaurant.Take a look at our menu, it will be our pleasure to fire up the old grill when you honor us with a visit.
Kent
“Just fabulous”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had the fish grill feast. Wonderful fish soup and the dill sorbet for the dessert was a pleasant surprise. Complimented the white chocolate mousse. Well worth the walk up the hill

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Portland, OR
“Best restaurant in Reykjavik”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Everything we got here was perfect. Super good. The fried Icelandic cheese was especially nice! I wish I would have had room for dessert.

New York City, New York
“They fit us in when we showed up with no reservations”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We wandered the streets on Saturday night without reservations and we walked into the seafood grill. The place was packed but they had us wait only a few minutes and found us a table. It was late so we order a few appetizers to share. The service was prompt and friendly and the food was excellent. I would recommend but get your reservations ahead of time, Reykavik restaurants are very busy.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

To say this place is number 2 on the list of places to eat we were a little disappointed as we expected something much more amazing. Maybe we ordered the wrong things? So many others can’t be that wrong surely. But anyway, reviews are meant to be honest so I have to give a true account of our experiences. The bread was served with a strange mixture of butter and soured cream. Not to my taste at all and I would have preferred at least the option of butter as well. Starters were fine, though not out of this world. Main courses –one was catch of the day, which turned out to be a delicious dish of cusk (a cod like fish). The other main course was grilled and marinated salmon. I was disappointed to receive two pieces of grilled salmon (nice, but nothing special) and two pieces of marinated salmon (uncooked). I didn’t feel the menu made it at all clear that half of my fish would arrive uncooked.
Dessert of crème brulee had too many different desserts on there as well as crème brulee. We noticed this seemed to be the way the higher end restaurants serve desserts, but personally, if I order crème brulee, I don’t really expect a tiny bit of crème brulee along with about four other desserts I didn’t want or ask for.
On the plus side, the restaurant is very welcoming, cosy and relaxing, and the staff were very friendly.
Yes, we might go back, but to be honest, with so many other restaurants in Reykjavik, we wouldn’t make this our first port of call.

London, United Kingdom
“Yes. Just yes.”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Happened to be the closest restaurant to where we're staying so it was just blind luck that we went there but we were blown away. The food was so fantastic I feel like we've set the bar too high for the rest of our trip.
Definately stick around for dessert.. the herb sorbets are amazing. Never thought dill could work as a dessert ingredient before..