“Amazing food, friendly knowledgeable staff”

Sjavargrillid Seafood Grill
Ranked #24 of 522 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In 2010 a young chef from Húsavík, was awarded Chef of the year 2010 in Iceland.The young chef, Gústav spent months traveling around Iceland looking for the real taste of Iceland, along the way he found a few things that are key items of the interior of the restaurant.Take a look at our menu, it will be our pleasure to fire up the old grill when you honor us with a visit.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

SJAVARGRILLID- resteraunt, right in the city centre, just off the main street near the church on the hill was FANTASTIC. Prices were (with 2 drinks each) about £65 per head, which is pricey if your on a budget like we were, but was fantastic as a last night meal as something special. The food was brillant and you didn't leave feeling hungry, which happens in some more upmarket places generally. The meat was perfectly cooked and portions were good. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the food and wine and you also need to try a shot of Brennivin- very interesting.

1  Thank Kate W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,855)

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was excited to try this restaurant based off all the positive reviews. I was very disappointed. The food was average and service was very brusque. The waitress would swoop down on the table and remove plates almost immediately, she tried several times to take plates my husband or I were still eating off of.

2  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My friends and I made a reservation here for New Year's Eve and we were so happy we did. Right from the moment I booked the lovely Sirry took care of us. The service was great, the food incredible and the price very reasonable considering that Reykjavik isn't the cheapest city in the world, it was New Year's Eve and we chose to have the Lobster feast. Do not miss an opportunity to go this restaurant if you have the chance, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Kyeski
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a very nice late lunch at Skavargrillid. We both had the seafood soup which was very good. I had the smoked pork belly for main main course and my partner had the seafood pasta. Paired with an Icelandic beer it was a great meal!

1  Thank TRVLALOT_9
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went there on New Years Day for dinner without a reservation and they happily gave us a seat for two anyway which we thought was great. We chose from set menus as that was what was on offer for the holiday period. Food was lovely and very well presented. Portion sizes were more than enough also. Were given breads and a small taster dessert for free on top of our three courses so we were nice and full by the end of the evening. Atmosphere was very warm and cosy and staff were all excellent and explained each course as it came out. Lovely evening but for the price would only recommend it as a special occasion meal!