“Well worth the tour”

Reykjavik City Walking Tour
Ranked #3 of 182 things to do in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Harpa Concert Hall and Conference Centre at the heart of Reykjavik is an award-winning building situated at the old harbour. Harpa opened its doors in 2011 and boasts a wide variety of hosted events where all musical genres play a part. Harpa won the Mies van der Rohe Award in 2013 for architecture. Harpa was designed by Olafur Eliasson, Henning Larssen architects and Batteri architects. Harpa is the residency of the Iceland Symphony Orchestra, The Icelandic Opera and the Reykjavik Big Band. Harpa is a state of the art conference centre. Harpa was awarded the prestigious MICE Report award for best conference centre in Northern Europe. Harpa is also the home of several regular shows: - How to become Icelandic in 60 minutes - Pearls of Icelandic Songs - Icelandic Sagas: The Greatest Hits - Reykjavík Classics - Mulinn Jazz Club - The Tin Drum Series - Bowie: The Session - The Icelandic Emigration Center's Exhibit
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was on my own on the last afternoon, went to the Harpa and got a tuor from one of the lead Opera Singers, she went out on stage and sang for me, amazing!

1  Thank Soozz
Write a ReviewReviews (6,040)

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is a spectacular building. It is open to the public to tour on your own or on a guided tour. We went all the way to the top level and walked down taking photos. The design is very appealing and the glass window facade is fascinating. At night, there is a display generated on the facing like the Northern Lights dancing in the sky. Don't miss it.

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful building. We liked the lights on the exterior and the views from inside. Amazing architecture. Reminded me of the new central library in Birmingham (UK)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stopped here on our Reykavik tour, its made of glass shaped to look like Basalt and the mirrored ceiling reflects the shapes beautifully. I would imagine if you could go to a concert here it would be amazing.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I could not get inside on my short day trip to the site, but walking the outside was fabulous. Don't miss this, including the inside, as I am very sorry. I think kids would like this, too. I walked down the shore in the short daylight of December.