TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Trip of a lifetime

We had decided to go to Iceland with short notice so I took the recommendation of a friend and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
ladybugkris
new york
Most amazing experience with Villie

First, lets just say that Villie is an amazing tour guide. He has great knowledge of Iceland, can... read more

Reviewed October 4, 2019
Jim S

All reviews lava lodge an amazing tour guide amazing experience northern lights hot springs golden circle brennivin itinerary nature government glacier company highlights daylight culture capture geology
Selected filters
Reviewed November 10, 2015

Between Hilmar and Villi, these two guys couldn't have done any more to make our trip amazing. There was great attention to detail and everything we did for 4 days was top drawer. The highlights for us were: Snowmobiling on a Glacier in August, Driving ATV's over a dormant Volcano on the way to the Blue Lagoon. The Lagoon is a total tourist trap and I was sure I was going to hate it, but it is awesome. An adventurous trip into the Valley of Thor and a picnic lunch at the foot of the Glacier. The weather this day reached a high of 23 degrees Celsius....it was something else.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank CSNY1313
Reviewed October 2, 2015

I went on a trip to Iceland with my mother and we were fortunate enough to be in Villi's exceptional hands. He took excellent care of us and made our trip even better than we could imagine. Snowmobiling on the glacier was like being on the moon and will always rank as a top life experience. He went above and beyond to make sure we saw the country to the max. My mother wanted to get pictures of the northern lights. They weren't very visible on our scheduled outing to go see them, so he took us out again to another spot later so she could get the shot she wanted. Anyone I know who goes to Iceland, I immediately set up with him so they too, can be in the best hands. I wish every country I visited had its own Villi.

Date of experience: February 2015
3  Thank jordzuck
Reviewed June 9, 2015

My husband and I were part of a group of 40 business executives on a three day trip to Iceland. Our (too) short trip was packed with amazing adventures planned by Villi. From snowmobiling on a glacier and riding ATVs on a volcano to floating in the Blue Lagoon and dining on delicious cuisine, we experienced Iceland to the hilt. Villi imparted his love of Iceland through his passionate words, stories and songs and we left longing to return with our family. We had an exceptional trip made possible by Villi's charisma, humor, creativity and attention to detail.

Date of experience: May 2015
4  Thank RachelCT2015
Reviewed May 18, 2015

With a group of Executives my spouse and I took part in an unforgettable trip to Iceland, prepared and executed by IceXTravel. With unmatched charm and wit Villi to on a tour round Iceland on foot, super cars, boat, helicopter, etc. The planning, pace and selected experiences will always stand out for me as one of the best trips I have ever been on.

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed May 16, 2015

From the moment we arrived to my teary farewell, Villi and his team took superb care of our group of 25 and exceed every expectation we could have dreamed up. The passion that Villi has for his country and his quick, witty humor made every moment enjoyable and very educational. We spent four jam-packed days exploring the island and Villi never missed a beat in coordinating our busy schedule. He was attentive to our diverse group's needs and ensured that we were always well taken care of. He was always punctual and extremely professional even when some of our group wasn't :). Villi arranged our excursions on ATV's and snowmobiles, took us to admire waterfalls, and reserved meals at phenomenal local restaurants who served superb, fresh dishes that our entire group enjoyed. Because of Villi's endless wealth of knowledge about his country, we left with a profound appreciation for Icelandic culture and, most importantly, its people. We feel extremely lucky to have had Villi as our guide and even luckier to have made such a great friend in Iceland! Can't wait to come back to visit!

Date of experience: May 2015