TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Trip of a lifetime

We had decided to go to Iceland with short notice so I took the recommendation of a friend and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
ladybugkris
new york
Most amazing experience with Villie

First, lets just say that Villie is an amazing tour guide. He has great knowledge of Iceland, can... read more

Reviewed October 4, 2019
Jim S

All reviews lava lodge an amazing tour guide amazing experience northern lights hot springs golden circle brennivin itinerary nature government glacier company highlights daylight culture capture geology
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Private tour (1 day) out of Reykjavik for a family of four. We did the Golden Circle with extras, some of which we requested and some of which Villi suggested. He went beyond the call of duty, starting a little later in the day to help with our jet lag, letting us take our time where we wanted it and keeping up friendly conversation with both the adults and the kids (13 and 9 y.o.). Price was substantial by our standards but on par with what we would have paid to be part of a larger group in bigger vehicles running on a tighter schedule. Thanks for a great day, Villi!

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank Aaron H
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Four of us arrived at Reykjavik on a cruise ship determined to see certain things in just one day and top it off with the Blue Lagoon.Villi promised us he could deliver and was true to his word. With all four of us past out third of a century mark he had some "client care" to accomodate and did it admirably, and we had a real fun day out! Villi is very knowledgeable about this very special island, it's history and geology. I can't pretend to remember everything he said and about all the things we saw, but the memories will remain forever. The bonus was daylight till midnight which meant we could cram an enormous amount into a 12 hour tour. Nothing was too much for Villi - even our frequent necessary comfort stops and need for reffeshments! A great adventure, a terrific experience and well worth it!

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The only way to really see Iceland is by using Icextravel to show you this beautiful country. My company frequently sends our customers and employees over to Iceland and the ONLY person we use is Villi from Icextravel. He is extremely knowlegable about this great country,he is honest,reliable,funny and a true professional! VILLI IS THE MAN!

Date of experience: June 2013
2  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love how someone in a review somewhere wrote that "Villi should be bottled and sold by the Icelandic Government".

It is true.

My brother, my father and me went to Iceland last spring. Luckily someone recommended Villi, so we got in touch with him. He understood exactly what we were looking for, and planned a perfect long day, driving round Iceland - seeing sites, tasting food, driving on the glacier, trying snowmobiles. He is extraordinarily focused on tailoring a special experience - and he managed to do so. His recommendations for restaurants and other things to do in Reykjavik were spot on.

If you were asking me - I would have no doubts, I would highly recommend getting in touch with Villi and ask him to plan a trip with you.

Date of experience: April 2012
2  Thank Nils F
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I think we could not have said we visited properly Iceland without trying this wonderful experience with Villi and his great Superjeep.
We reached Þorsmörk from Reykjavik in April, through rivers to ford and very exciting dirt roads, in a very cozy and comfortable Superjeep. The excursion lasted almost 7-8 hours but it wasn't tiring since there were several stops at the waterfall of Seljalandsfoss, at the beautiful canyon of Stakkholtsgja and near the Eyjafjallajokull volcano.
Our guide was really unique, professional and he could pass his passion for this land to us in less than five minutes by telling us jokes and stories about Icelandic history or traditions or everyday life. He even prepared for us delicious sandwiches of smoked lamb and a very strong (but very good) Brennivin to taste. The price was good as well. I can strongly recommend an excursion on a Superjeep, it is a "must do" before leaving this beautiful island.

Date of experience: April 2012