“Go for the burgers and beer”
Review of Restaurant 73

Restaurant 73
Ranked #61 of 516 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A small family owned and operated restaurant known for its fresh fish, juicy steaks, big burgers and fresh salads. Also even though this is not a bar this restaurant carries one of Iceland's biggest selection of local beer on bottle and draft to accompany your meal.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I went for lunch and I got a burger (with the special sauce) and fries with a garlic sauce. My meal was very good. My husband got the fish plate and it was good but nothing fabulous. The fish was fresh so that was nice. We both enjoyed the local beers we ordered. I'd definitely recommend it for the burgers and beer.

1  Thank loveshak22
Addi80, Owner at Restaurant 73, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Burgers n beer. Seems to be our main attraction ;-)
Hmmmm perhaps a name for a new place?

Reviewed December 12, 2013

It was packed with locals ,which I took as a good sign,but they squeezed us in at the bar. Great atmosphere, friendly staff( as with all Icelanders ). I had an epic sized burger, the choice is epic or tiny, and it was delicious. Slightly on the rare side which suited me perfectly but if you prefer well done I would mention it.The menu is very reasonably priced and I would definitely recommend it. Booking is probably essential .

1  Thank stevewells5

Glad you got a seat at the bar.
Best seats in the house and closest to the servers :-D

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I would never normally have touched meat that was still a bit red inside, but I'm totally converted!!
This burger just melted in your mouth, it was unreal! Try the 73 sauce, it was great with the chips. The staff here are lovely, much like all Icelanders. We had an early dinner so it was pretty quiet and service was fast.
Only downside is that it will be hard to find a burger as good as that ever again!

1  Thank Johara1

Hehehe thanks for the kind review and hope that someday you get to have a burger as good.
Make your own at home! They're the best :-D
Oh and even though we do serve our burgers MR to M I do recommend you tread carefully when it comes to that as not all places set the same standards for the meat and quite a few countries allow processing that would never be allowed in Iceland.
So make sure you know where it's from before you eat your meat red ;-)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Fantastic Icelandic beer on tap and great burgers - what more could you ask for in a great lunch. The full size burgers are enormous - so we ordered the little ones and they were still more than enough. Icelanders are famous for eating sauces with everything so get their special sauce on your burger - you won't be sorry.

1  Thank Jenn G

73 sauce! House recipe and top secret ;-)

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband & I stopped in for dinner mid-way through our trip to Reyjkavik. The restaurant has a pub feel - very comfortable.

We both ordered burgers with the hand-cut fries. Quite good! We actually almost ventured back for a repeat dinner a few nights later.

1  Thank tallchick1978