Hotel Odinsve(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$194
$171
Hotel Website
1,297 results
All reviewsart decooverlooking the squarenew wingbeautiful hotelcafe parisparliament buildingperfect locationroom was largeunderfloor heatingthe heart of the citybreakfast buffetwithin easy walking distancerestaurants and barscentral reykjavikblackout curtainsblue lagoonnorthern lights
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were here in June 2013 planning for an incentive trip which took place April 2014.
The hotel is in an excellent location in the center of town, but the room sizes are very inconsistent. My room door barely cleared my bed. It was a bit unnerving listening to people walk past my door while I was trying to fall asleep.
When we looked at other rooms some were much larger, and then others were a bit newer. but all different sizes. We brought a group back here recently and was almost a full hotel buyout. I believe there are 52 rooms and we had 40 of them. They failed to tell us they were rennovating so the restaurant was minimally available for breakfast. Then our consultant had to deal with multiple management changes throughout the year who all failed to communicate our group needs forward. It didn't have to be this difficult. If you want a more consistent room and experience, the Raddisson Blu is the next block over.

Room Tip: When the restaurant opens up again, do not get a room on the second floor over the restaurant. It is a hot spot for nightlife in town and you will not get much sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Angel L
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The room was stylish and spacious, i swear the bed was a king size and not the standard double. The best selection of tea I've ever had in a hotel, plus free toiletries. The hotel is known to most excursions company for day trip pick ups and after a good walk around reykjavik, its one of the best locations. Only downside was the noise, first thing in the morning building work which i wasn't told about (i did wonder why it was a lot cheaper than it should of been...) however i did book it as a package holiday from easyjet so it is not really their fault. Then at night there was a noisy bar that kept us up a little.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My stay at the Borg was a last minute one, having discovered that the airbnb room I reserved was far from what had been described in its listing. Finding a room at the Borg at the last minute was a lifesaver, and probably the best decision I'd made in ensuring that my stay in Reykjavik was to be a relaxing, pleasant, and carefree one.

The rooms were pleasantly decorated, the bathrooms were wonderful, the staff, with the exception of the one gentleman at the front desk who seemed bothered by the fact that the drain in my shower was clogged WHEN I CHECKED IN, were wonderful! They bent over backwards to ensure that they answered all my questions, and that I had everything I needed.

Several days into my stay, when I mentioned that the occupants of the room above mine, who'd just checked in, seemed to be causing a disturbance, I was offered a new, much larger room, with a larger bath, resulting in an even more comfortable stay!

The restaurant was pleasant, though for 2800 ISK I'd expect more variety for breakfast. The best part about the hotel...LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! Can't beat it!! Stay here, and you'll be happy you did (just make sure you try to get a room AWAY from the construction).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank ssdupontdc
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The Borg (city) hotel is well-situated on a square in the city center near places to eat in an emergency (like if it is easter, or easter monday, or the first day of "summer" in April (when we stayed there). I expected small European rooms--that wasn't the case. We still needed 2 rooms for 2 kids (ages 11 and 15) and 2 adults but we got a 'single' and then a suite connected. Huge room, facing the square. Some noise from bars but not bad. Beautiful everything in the room, including heated floors in the bathroom, towel warmers, amenities, tub AND separate fabulous ("best in Reykjavik", really) showers, and comfy beds. VERY friendly (in their own Icelandic reserved way) smiling front desk folk (who work 12 hour shifts...) who were very helpful (Kristine, with a slight change in facial expression indicated my restaurant choice may not be best---and instead sent us to Fiskmarkadurrin which was terrific). Parked right out front our whole stay (pay parking not that expensive and was free most of out stay due to holidays--see above). Reyk was a fine place to stay and travel to points South and inland each day. Highly recommend this place. Near much to see in Reyk and best restaurants. It is expensive but you get what you pay for an everything in Island is expensive.

Room Tip: you might want a higher floor, maybe not in front, due to noise but double windows do well to help keep noise out.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RCHSTZ
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed at the Borg for five nights at the end of March. Very impressed with the professionalism of the staff and the rooms. It has a beatuiful art-deco design and the room was very attractively decorated. There was construction work on when I stayed, but being in one of the back rooms I didn't hear any of it. Similarly didn't get woken up by any noise from the bar - it may be a matter of luck which room you are in. Having read other reviews I didn't have breakfast or evening meals at the hotel as there are plently of choices nearby. For lovers of indian food the Gandgi a few doors away is excellent, and the Cafe Stofan is a very comfortable coffeee bar/bar close by.
The hotel wasn't cheap, but then not a lot in Iceland is. Although I did get a good discount on the normal rate it is xpensive, but probably worth it.
i would happily recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Reykjavik.
Th