“IG Tours,great way to see Iceland”

Iceland Guided Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$111.58*
and up
Guided Day Trip to Golden Circle from Reykjavik by Minibus
More attraction details
Owner description: IG Tours offer a variety of different day tours to all the major highlights of Icelandic nature and sightseeing locations. We also offer private tours for groups and families. All our Scheduled tours are operated in mini buses, groups are small and the service we provide is more personal.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“IG Tours,great way to see Iceland”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just got back from Iceland,went on golden circle tour, south coast tour and northern light tour all with Iceland Guided tours and they were all great,the guides were all friendly and very informative,we decideced to do the south coast tour the next day while still on the golden circle tour and asked Oddin and he sorted it all out for us.they use small minibus's for their tours and this makes for nice small groups,would definately use this company again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“golden circle tour”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went with IGT on the golden circle tour, jan 22nd. Have written elsewhere about this company , but i,d like to write on their site, excellent company you travel in a small group on a mini bus .Odin the guide is a marvel full of interesting knowledge about Iceland and very good company. Well worth it and will use IGT again on our next visit.. : )

Yorkshire. England
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Take This Tour”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Golden circle tour. A fantastic trip from a very knowledgeable man. Good fun as well. A fantastic all day adventure. Many thanks Dooley.

2 Thank redcote9
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“First Class Company”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I came to Iceland with the sole purpose of seeing the Northern Lights but thought while I was here I would go on a couple of trips during the day to pass the time.
Odin (the owner) and his staff were first class and gave you a fantastic service full of information and facts about this wonderful country.
I went on a complementary Northern Lights tour orgainised by the one of the larger companies (included in my package) but I then experienced the personal attention to detail and passion for customer satisfaction on an IG Tours Northern Lights Tour.
I was treated like an individual and not a number on a bus.
I would recommend anyone considering going on trips while in Iceland to contact Odin and his team at IG Tours.
You won't regret it as it will be the best decission you make.

Leeds, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Golden Circle and South Coast/Glacier Walk - excellent service”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I'm taking the time to write because IGT are excellent, and as a precautionary tale about the number of tour buses plying their trade around Reykjavik.
We went on a Golden Circle tour (January 12th) with IGT, chosen like so many other people after reading the excellent reviews.
Company owner Odin was our guide. He was helpful, friendly and fantastically informative throughout. We loved the mix of waterfalls, geysirs and the stunning blend of geology, history and politics at the continental rift/site of the oldest parliament at Thingvellir.
Sitting in the front with Odin, we ended up booking a tour with IGT the next day, to the South Coast, with a glacier walk (for myself at least). This was far from being a hard sell. We had enjoyed our day so much and were confident about the company. Odin didn't write it down, but he said it was fine, and we trusted him.
The next morning nearly ended up as a huge let down. One bus arrived at our hotel at the appointed (8.30) time. The driver just said 'come, come', and it was only after I'd asked twice whether it was IGT, and we checked with our reception desk, that he finally agreed he was the from a different company! Ten minutes later a minibus came, and I asked whether it was IGT for the South coast tour - the driver said 'yes, yes', I checked again, and she said 'yes, don't worry'. As we arrived at a tour company office I again asked, and she said 'yes, don't worry, just check in at the office.'. We tried, but were told they didn't have our names, they didn't know IGT, and buses leave half an hour earlier for that tour! They blamed 'the other company' for giving us wrong information. The driver, to her credit, immediately offered to take us back to our hotel, but would take no responsibility at all for absolutely not listening to us and insisting they were the right company.
I have to admit (with apologies to Odin! :-) ) that we were questioning whether he'd remembered to write us down and/or had given us the wrong start time. But - at our reception desk. they told us that IGT had come for us and left a number. The receptionist phoned them straight away, and told us, miraculously, that IGT would be here for us in a minute, which they were. We felt saved, and ti confirmed our initial trust in the company.
This time Andre was our guide, and he was also all the same positive things I wrote about Odin.
It was snowing heavily, and there was some doubt whether we'd be able to make it to the glacier. Bu the weather cleared really well. My partner had decided to stick to the south coast tour, and not do the glacier walk. I was amazed to find I was the only person on the minibus to be opting for the walk (but I thought some other people would be joining it there). I was eventually dropped off with a glacier guide - Thomas - who told me it was just me and him! Thomas was also excellent. I felt really privileged to walk on the glacier with just him for two hours. He was calm, friendly, funny and incredibly informative - especially as I was able to ask him as many questions about the glacier as I liked. It was a wonderful, peaceful experience. It was probably much easier walking because of the fresh snow that had fallen, but I'd really recommend people not to be scared of walking on a glacier, and to try this trip.
We met the others as they completed their short stop at the bottom of the glacier.
My partner said Vik, where they'd been, was beautiful, though they hadn't had much time there. We think it was a difficult day for Andre, because they were late leaving, the weather made it slower than normal, and people were anxious to get back to go out on what seemed a promising night to see the aurora.
We were a little jealous when everyone else (I think) chose to book a LIghts trip with IGT that night - so Andre passed the phone round for everyone to speak to Odin to sort the details. WE knew it would be a good personalised trip, whereas we were going with Reykjavik Tours, and were more likely to be in coach convoys. (We were, but we and everyone still had a great show that night).
If I go back to Reykjavik I would definitely use IGT again. Both trips were cheaper than their competitors, with brilliant guides, both of whom showed a lot of flexibility and sensitivity to our needs. Thoroughly recommended.

4 Thank Robcy