“Iceland Super Jeeps”

$189.37*
and up
Golden Circle & Northern Lights package
More attraction details
Owner description: IG Tours offer a variety of different day tours to all the major highlights of Icelandic nature and sightseeing locations. We also offer private tours for groups and families. All our Scheduled tours are operated in mini buses, groups are small and the service we provide is more personal.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Recently returned from a 6 day break in iceland. Firstly what a great Country. To make the most of our time there and to maximise the experience we decided to book a super jeep day trip through Nordic Visitor. Don't be put off by the price - take the hit, sit back and absorb one of the best days of your life. We decided against The Golden Circle (we did that by coach a couple of days later) and went for the Eyjafallajokull Exclusive. Our guide for the day was Borkur Hrolfsson - he was absolutely fantastic. The guy is Iceland. Enthusiastic, patient, informative and importantly for us laid back - after all you are on holiday. We saw the glasier at Gigjokull, fantastic waterfalls especially Seljalandsfoss, the amazing black beaches the lava flows from Eyjafjallajokill. All the time Borkur would pull over or shoot off road to show us another snipet of Icelandic life / scenery. Lunch was excellent (salted cod in an old farm). I've missed loads out - we were out for nearly 11 hours all in all an awesome day. We're both keen photogrpahers so he ensured we got to spots just as the light was at its best for that location. We did the Golden Circle by coach a couple of days later - it was very good but I'm very glad we chose to do the E15 Exclusive by super jeep and not the other way around. If you get a chance and want to see / experience something totally different do a super jeep tour and if possible use Borkur. I think you can also use www.tourguide.is to contact him. Money dictates but I'd love to return in October and maybe see the Northern Lights.

5  Thank alicejohn

Reviewed June 19, 2011

In June 2011, I went on two day tours with Iceland Guided Tours, Glacier Lagoon and Snaefellsnes. Our guides were Dooley and Odinn, respectively. We were a small group, 3 people each day, mainly solo travelers or couples, which made for a very personal and interactive experience. The company was just started this April, so not too many people know about it, that's the reason for the small group size. This was obviously perfect for us travelers, since it allowed us to spend more or less time at each attraction / scenic spot, depending on how much time we wanted to spend there, and gave us a chance for extra photo opportunities when we saw something we liked. Both guides were very nice and extremely knowledgable about Iceland's history, geology and all matters of current affairs. We also learned a lot about Icelandic culture and folklore from them.
The Glacier Lagoon tour is a 14-hour tour. I was picked up at my hotel at 7:30am, and we returned by 9:45pm. The distance from Reykjavik to the Glacier Lagoon, Jokulsarlon, is about 400 kilometres, so we naturally had to spend a lot of time in the car driving through very beautiful scenery along the South Coast of Iceland. We saw several volcanos, including Hekla, which was believed to the >Gate to Hell< in ancient times, because of its frequent devastating eruptions, and Eyjafjallajokull, which brought air traffic to a standstill for several days in 2010. We also saw the Myrdalsjokull and Vatnajokull glaciers. Our final destination, Jokulsarlon, is a lagoon that was only formed in the last 80 years, due to the retreat of the Vatnajokull glacier, the largest glacier in Europe. We went on a boat tour on the lagoon among many icebergs. It was a very unique and fascinating experience. On our way back, we stopped at two famous waterfalls (Skogarfoss and Seljalandsfoss), and a very scenic beach near Vik.
The tour to the Snaefellsnes peninsula lasted from 8:30am to ca. 8pm, and we drove all around the peninsula, stopped at a few nice beaches and rock formations, went on a one-hour hike along the coast, which gave us plenty of photo opportunities, and also drove up to the snow line on the Snaefellsjokull mountain, which was featured in Jules Verne's book >A Journey to the Center of the Earth<.
There was plenty of time for food stops and restroom stops whenever needed.
Both trips were amazing and unforgettable, and I would definitely choose this company again if I return to Iceland in the future.

2  Thank Mythopoeia
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Iceland Guided Tours [-] c/o Odinn et al were great and most important reliable. My wife and I went for my 62nd birthday and 41th anniversery.
Odinn and company were very professional in every way and we recommend them to all ages of visitors.
Bill and Linda Guernsey
Uniionville, CT

1  Thank william_guernsey
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We went to the west coast to see the volcano where Jules Verne's characters started their journey to the center of the Earth. Overall it was an amazing trip, and luckily for us, the weather was mostly sunny for the whole day. West coast has beautiful landscapes and our guide let us stop our minivan whenever we wanted to take pictures or hike up to a volcano's crater. We were not rushed so we took our time to enjoy the trip at our own pace. As a result, our trip was 14 hours long instead of 12 hours and felt like a private tour (since there were only 4 of us). Overall I would definitely recommend anyone to visit Iceland's west coast.

3  Thank Lifeandall
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We went on the South Coast tour and I recommend everyone to take this tour - especially with IG Tours! Their #1 goal is to let their customers experience and take in the beauty of Iceland and not be rushed through like the other tours with big groups. They keep their tours in small groups, so you can have more time at each sight and have a more memorable experience.

This was by far the best tour we’ve ever taken. We got lucky because my husband and I were the only ones on this tour, so we ended up getting a private tour! Max, our tour guide, was extremely generous, funny, and informative. We saw the main sights along the south coast - Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls, the charming little town of Vik, Reynisfjara, Dyrhólaey and the Sólheimajökull glacier. Plus, I was fascinated by all the sheep along the drive, so Max pulled over for me anytime there was a chance for me to take pictures of them. We also made a couple extra stops so we could explore as much of southern Iceland in a day.

I can’t thank IG Tours enough for the wonderful time we had. If you want the most out of your tour, you HAVE to go with IG Tours. They are the best!!

3  Thank crys94