Islenski Hesturinn, The Icelandic Horse - Riding Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The horse rental in Reykjavík, Iceland. Small family firm with personal service.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Brilliant from start to finish! Thank you Inga ( guide ) and Vakka ( horse ) for the great ride today! It
was amazing to experience the Tolt! The information and scenery were excellent! I wish I could have spent the whole day riding! Maybe I will return for the 5 day adventure, or find an Icelandic in Canada to buy!!!

A must for any horse lover!!!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We went on a riding tour with Becca and a small group. We were picked up by Svein at our hotel, drove to the stable, went on the trip and then we were taken back to the hotel. All in about 3-3,5 hours.
The only downside was that the trip was too short. Next time I will book a longer trip, because it is so much fun! The horses are so friendly, and Becca and her colleagues will find a good horse for you, based on how much experience you have. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Becca is a very friendly and knowledgable guide. First we have a safety talk and explanation of icelandic horses then followed by helping us with boots n helmet. Feeling confidence we started our tour. My husband n I have never experience horse riding. Becca and her staff with their happy horses make us feel very safe and we enjoy the trip. Anyone if you wanted to have a memorable hose riding experience with friendly guide u can consider them.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Went on this adventure this morning, and I have to say it was one of the best trips I have ever done. Becca and her staff were very friendly and knowledgable. First things first, the safety talk, boots and helmets on and your almost ready to go. I have a bad back which gives me problems with my legs. Thats no problem to the staff, they match you up with the right horse. My horse today was Osk, perfect for me. You then go out with two first class instructors and guides who make sure you are always safe and happy! The tour crosses the road ( via a tunnel) the the adventure begins through the old volcanic lava. To find out more about what goes on book a tour YOU will not be disappointed. Your guide takes photos along the way and then sends a link to see and copy them.

1  Thank 05gordonc
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I had a great time riding vaka through the lava fields. She was perfect, did what I asked of her and I got to do the tolt lots of times. It was amazing - so comfortable to ride. The horses were all happy, as were the staff. Begga is a lovely lady and obviously loves her work and her horses. Most of the others in my group were non riders which was ok. I'd have loved a canter on vaka but the tolt experience was fab so I didn't mind.
I hope one day to return to do one of their longer rides.
The Icelandic horses are beautiful. Don't hesitate to experience the tolt at this great place.