City Center Hotel
$277
$271
$208
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $245/night.

$366
$276
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $395/night.

Hlemmur Square(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$259
$247
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmicro bargreat locationfriday saturdaywithin walking distancebreakfast roomnight lifestreet noisehot watersmall hoteltour bussingle roomreception staffbreadlight sleepershort breakbars and restaurantsstayed here for nights
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We loved the location, the staff (especially Heiðrún Harðardóttir and the servers for the breakfast buffet), the price and the breakfast buffet. Extremely resonable price! The staff were so, so, so helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Modi D
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This stylish and modern hotel lives up to its name, making it an ideal choice for a traveler looking to participate in the vibrant nightlife in Reykjavik. The rooms, like most places in the country, are compact, but comfortable. And the staff was tremendously helpful. And the price was remarkably reasonable for what you get.

On arrival, someone had been accidentally moved into my room, without proper logging into the computer. The manager came back in at 1 am to resolve the issue, which shows some true desire to do right by the customer. By the time my friend and I had wrapped up our Friday evening out, my room was set.

However, if you don't plan to be out and about on Friday or Saturday night, you best have a deep love of thumping base coming through the walls from the adjacent clubs, or you're not going to be especially happy.

Regardless, this is my favorite hotel in Iceland amongst the seven I've tried.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank alands66
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Gotta say, though we were moved from another hotel into this one, I think we lucked out, gaining a great view of the city and a prime location in the middle of everything. The room was a little on the small side, but it was a great experience and the free breakfast was solid. They did a great job taking care of us. The only downside is that it was slightly rougher around the edges than the hotel we originally planned on staying in, particularly around the elevator — nothing a little renovation couldn't fix. Either way, we totally would recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shortformernie
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Right in the center of town. Staff is wonderful and really go out of their way. I can understand that front facing rooms would be noisy and my friend did have one and it was noisy. However I had a back facing room and it was incredibly quiet....just perfect. Very good breakfast with great bread and baked products. Very good choice close to everything.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank larover
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Firstly, I have to say I got this room at a ridiculously cheap price through an external agent. I think I paid something like £27 a night, so my review is a little coloured by that. I know regular prices are several times that amount, even with a discount. I could not believe the luxury of this place - all previous complaints about the nearby nightclub can be disregarded; this was NASA, which was shut some time ago (though I signed the petition to save it, it may be just as well on this occasion as my room was directly overlooking the venue). The bed was simply the most comfortable I have ever slept in. It was extremely big too. I had a huge flatscreen TV with access to a mass of channels (including the regular UK ones!) and a spotless, modern ensuite. There was good WiFi access and the view from my balcony (with French windows along one wall) looked straight out over the Parliament Building; possibly one of the most sought-after views in Reykjavík! The room was warm and the staff were extremely efficient in cleaning it each day. The lift was a little unusual in that it has no internal safety door (I personally found that quite fun). The reception staff aren't particularly friendly, but nor are they unpleasant and they are happy to help with whatever request you may make. As for the location, you are right in the centre of downtown 101. You couldn't really get better. One point, though - breakfast wasn't provided as part of the price. However, if I can get anything like that deal again, I will absolutely search this place out. I felt thoroughly spoilt.

Room Tip: If you have a choice, a room on the upper floors is advisable to get away from any street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends