“Italy in Iceland”

Uno
Ranked #82 of 473 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: As an artisan bistro we care about quality ingredients. We get up early to bake bread and all our sauces, hot and cold, are made from scratch.
boston
“Italy in Iceland”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

A tasty , well presented Italian dinner in Iceland! Cozy, warm atmosphere and very friendly staff!
We had an authentic antipasti for starters as well as they're homemade bread. Our pasta courses were just amazing, tender pasta- homemade as well.
We even ordered a dish to go for a member of our party who stayed back at the apartment. The dish was ready for us just as we were ready to leave - perfect timing!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank psullymgh

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Mmmm, Uno.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I visited Uno during Reykjavik's Culture Day with my husband and another couple. *Everything* was packed all over the city.

When we arrived at Uno, though it was also packed, we were seated in a waiting area with drinks within 10 minutes. The hostess was super organized and very friendly.

Our actual table was ready within 15-20.

We sat upstairs which is quite warm and cozy (homey) but with very good elbow room which is great because more restaurants than not here can be elbow-to-elbow crowded.

Our food was served in a timely manner, our meals were solid (filling!) and delicious and our servers were excellent - they made sure our drinks were never empty and were friendly yet professional and really did know when to not interrupt.

I recommend having a meal here and if you have to wait just a little - it's worth it!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Nx T
Santa Rosa, California
“Dan from SF”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our group of people from Royal Caribbean cruise visits Reykjavik, Iceland for two days. A several deaf Icelandic people suggest us to dine at UNO CUCINA ITALIANA in town. I met the Owner, Hrefna, at the restaurant. She is fluent in English very well. She is a very polite patron to meet American people and Icelandic people at the table.

I ordered Kjuklinga Tagliolini- Chicken Tagliolini for my dinner. There was one kind of cheese in it. Cream cheese! Excellent supper!

I highly recommend you to visit the restaurant in the near future when you visit Reykjavik, Iceland.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Daniel K
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I met a few friends for drinks in Uno's Lounge, there cocktails look so impressive in the hands
of the women that I almost broke my zero cocktail rule. We loved the atmosphere in there and decided to stay there for a meal, which was a good decision the food was excellent and arrived quickly: I especially liked my carpaccio appetizer.
I will go again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Daniel_oskarsson
“Terrible service”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We popped in here on the last night of our trip and although we didn't have reservations, we were advised that we could be fitted in if we were willing to wait. After almost 3 hours! We were given a table. During that time about 4 couples who had entered after us were served. The food was also poor for an Italian. The experience ruined what was up to that point, a lovely holiday. Would not go back if you paid me.

Visited December 2012