Icelandic Phallological Museum
Review Highlights
Entertaining and informative

Professionally done, entertaining and informative, with some impressive (whale) specimen on display.

Reviewed today

from $106.10
from $20.00
from $67.10
1,263 results
All reviews gift shop animal kingdom large collection shapes and sizes on display blue whale t shirts worth a visit less than an hour rainy day interesting facts sense of humour unique experience penis specimens human exhibits
Reviewed today

Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the only experience of my Icelandic trip that I've rated less than 5 stars. The frontage looks very professional but, beyond that, the museum was very underwhelming. After we paid admission, we were pointed to some guide books, which were clearly old and well-used, with pages ripped almost all the way through. Even had it been printed freshly that morning, the information included was minimal anyway.

There was no flow to the "museum" at all. I'd more accurately describe it as a "collection". If you're expecting an educational experience about the array of different ways that nature has designed the penis or the diversity of cultures in their view of the penis, then you'll be very disappointed.

I wouldn't even recommend spending your money on this just to say that you've been. We spent a maximum of 30 minutes trying to make sense of this before giving up. There is so much that could be done to make this a fascinating exhibit of specimens but, as it stands, the museum is falling well short.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Hands down the most entertaining museum. Definitely take the audio tour...most informative. I was nearly as entertained by the reactions to the exhibits as the displays themselves. My wife said it was the best entertainment of all the museums. My son just shook his head at me after I sent pictures of the sperm whale to his aunt. The gift shop was as entertaining as the museum. Do not miss this place.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This museum gives new meaning to Free Willy. It’s interesting, informative and definitely giggle worthy. Opt for the audio tour, it is included with the entrance fee. We had a great time learning about Willy and friends. Don’t forget to take a selfie or two and make sure you visit the restrooms and purchase something from the gift shop to commemorate the occasion.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was very excited to go to this museum.. but while the idea was there.. I don't think I was prepared that is was manly about whale penises. For the price point, I wasn't blown away about what was offered. But you gotta try it for yourself.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

No one will believe the length of some of the penis' on display! Love the backstory for each exhibit and provenance of each penis on display! Wow! This was the most crowded museum we saw in Iceland. Fantastic concept: Curated penises!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Equal parts interesting, hilarious, strange, extraordinary, with a dash of awkward. Definitely worth a quick visit!!

An anatomist would have an issue with some of the labels - but that's okay - people aren't here for an anatomy lesson.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This museum was very informative and had some great specimens!! The store was equally as entertaining as to what items they have for sale!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was one of my “I have to visit” places while we stayed in Iceland as it’s pretty unusual to be honest!
Definitely glad we came, although we giggled through most of the museum it was actually interesting too!
Bit on the pricey side however.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is all about willy's mostly of the mammalian persuasion, certainly an interesting theme but the drawback (no pun intended) is after a while it's very samish and it's not particularly cheap. That said and done lot's if interesting facts and figures and a souvenir shop offers all of the predictable token purchases.