“Cosy netcafe in the middle of the town”
Review of Stofan Cafe

Stofan Cafe
Ranked #5 of 35 Coffee & Tea in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Stofan Cafe (The Livingroom Cafe) is located in the heart of Reykjavik, in one of the city's oldest houses, built in 1842. Stofan Cafe offers quality coffee from India, E.Africa and Latin America. Also, the best alvailable local beers plus wine along with selection of spirits. Come enjoy one of our comfy sofa with good music and a candlelight
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stofan Cafe are situated at the best place in town and you feel at home the moment you enter the cafe. All the furniture is secondhand from the 60'es and the cafe is very popular among students because of free wifi. The cakes are just great!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The cafe is just lovely, I loved the vibe, the unmatched couches, the decor and the clientele was clearly more local than touristy.

The coffee was decently priced in a city where everything is so expensive (and they had decaff! YES!), and the kleinur (Icelandic cruller type cardamom pastry) was delicious, but the cake, while yummy, was definitely overpriced.

We also got two orders of panini instead of one (a misunderstanding) and the cashier was super gracious about refunding and taking the panini back.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We discovered this place as it is near the Hotel Reykjavik Centrum. We needed to warm up and rest while shopping and this place was just perfect. Looks like your Grandmothers living room with old stuffed couches and chairs and a big dining table. People sit around with their laptops enjoying light meals and pastry. This is not a place to head to for a large meal. It has soup and salads and sandwiches. My hot chocolate was huge and the best I have had in the country.

I do not hesitate to recommend it as I recommended it to several co-travelers who all thanked me for pointing it out to them.

2  Thank Linda U
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I am so glad we popped in to this beautiful and cozy cafe! Loooove the atmosphere. Excellent service with a smile (that you dont really get in Iceland..) and absolutely delicious chocolate cake and apple crumble cake. And the latte: fantastic! We stayed almost 1,5 hours and then made space for a couple that almost turned from the door when the place was full. And the best thing is that I had coins to pay my coffee and cake and it missed 200 kr. The lovely girls said: Oh thats okay! Greets from Finland!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We went to Cafe Stofan twice during our short stay in Reykjavik, and definitely would return there. It's quieter than many other places, with a variety of seating options, and both times, we had interesting conversations with others there, despite being the oldest people in the place!

The hot chocolate is superb, the draft beer pleased my husband, and we shared a slice of Cafe Stofan's amazing chocolate cake (with whipped cream, of course) quite happily, as it was a very generous serving.