“A warm hearted place”

Ranked #6 of 36 Coffee & Tea in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Stofan Cafe (The Livingroom Cafe) is located in the heart of Reykjavik, in one of the city's oldest houses, built in 1842. Stofan Cafe offers quality coffee from India, E.Africa and Latin America. Also, the best alvailable local beers plus wine along with selection of spirits. Come enjoy one of our comfy sofa with good music and a candlelight
Reviewed September 12, 2013

A place as warm and friendly as its sleepy cat (which quite properly took up the most comfortable chair on a crowded day). Excellent coffee, great range of teas. It really does feel like coming into somebody's living room - but with no feeling of invading a private party. Recently voted 'the best place to read a book', a ballot that reflects well on both the cafe and the city

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Really chilled vibe, kinda studenty in a good way. Great soup (u get free refills which, in the coolness of Iceland you will need). Very relaxing wee place. Nice staff too :-)

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable mix of armchairs and sofas.
Nice coffees and light snacks, beer on tap.
One of the nicer places to sit and watch the world go by, which is exactly what I intend doing once I've posted this review.
Also very close to micro bar and laundromat cafe if you fancy a tour of the bars in the immediate vicinity.

1  Thank B0ring0ldfart
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stofan is my favorite coffee shop / beer stop in Reykjavik. I've been to the city three times and I always have to stop at the "living room." The interior is very cozy and comfortable, designed by the owner of Stofan. He and his wife are fantastic people and, from my experience, maintain a top notch, friendly staff. The chocolate cake was excellent. The coffee and teas my wife and I had with our cake was also perfect. I tried several beers on tap another night and they were the perfect cold temperature and crisp flavor. Stofan is my must stop when I'm in Reykjavik.

1  Thank MisterNonfiction
Reviewed August 16, 2013

is the right word to describe this place, and "cool" will do as well. Cheerful local crowd and good drinks. Haven't tried the food, but their hot chocolate with cream made me very happy :)