“Icelandic Authenticity”

Ranked #5 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Stofan Cafe (The Livingroom Cafe) is located in the heart of Reykjavik, in one of the city's oldest houses, built in 1842. Stofan Cafe offers quality coffee from India, E.Africa and Latin America. Also, the best alvailable local beers plus wine along with selection of spirits. Come enjoy one of our comfy sofa with good music and a candlelight
Brooklyn, New York
“Icelandic Authenticity”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stofan is my favorite coffee shop / beer stop in Reykjavik. I've been to the city three times and I always have to stop at the "living room." The interior is very cozy and comfortable, designed by the owner of Stofan. He and his wife are fantastic people and, from my experience, maintain a top notch, friendly staff. The chocolate cake was excellent. The coffee and teas my wife and I had with our cake was also perfect. I tried several beers on tap another night and they were the perfect cold temperature and crisp flavor. Stofan is my must stop when I'm in Reykjavik.

1 Thank MisterNonfiction

Tel Aviv
“Indeed cozy”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

is the right word to describe this place, and "cool" will do as well. Cheerful local crowd and good drinks. Haven't tried the food, but their hot chocolate with cream made me very happy :)

Seattle, Washington
“Cozy cafe”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stopped in and got some hot chocolate and swiss mokas while we were in Reykjavik for vacation. Lots of couches and comfy chairs scattered around. Their food selection is not huge but there are some sandwiches and cakes apparently if you are hungry. There is also outdoor seating and it's close to Tjornin pond which is lovely.

1 Thank DandyBrandy
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Relax and Plan your Day”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Loved this cafe each morning for breakfast. Just across the road from our hotel so very convenient - great coffee, cream cheese bagels and free wifi. A really cozy, comfortable way to start your day.

1 Thank Izzadora
Bournemouth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stofan Cafe”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We loved this cafe. Great atmosphere, loved the decor. The menu wasn't huge by any means, but the cakes on offer looked very good! Excellent hot chocolate. We liked it so much we went back in the evening, when the lattes are largely swapped for beers, but some arty types were still around sketching/writing with a cup of tea!

Visited July 2013