“Book with Eskimos”
Review of Eskimos Iceland

Eskimos Iceland
More attraction details
Owner description: Eskimos Iceland custom-designs itineraries for individuals, small groups and travel agencies. We create experiences based on each traveller's time frame, interests and budget. We operate private tours, as well as using partners operators to make you experience the most of Iceland. Our mission is to build your dream trip and saving you the hassle.
Hull england
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Book with Eskimos”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I booked myself a few trips before going to Iceland over the Christmas period, but found that on their main Christmas was on the 24th. I decided to go with Eskimos because they know more than I do. I wasn't disappointed either. They arranged all of our tours in with my other two tours I had arranged and their communication via email was exemplary. I could not fault Eskimos as our holiday went like a dream and without their knowledge our holiday would not have been so smooth.

Lancashire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing day trip with the best tour guide I've ever had!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We booked the dog sledging and golden circle tour, and it was absolutely amazing.
My husband and I are mad about dogs, so dog sledging was always going to be on our to do list. They provided extra insulation suits there as well to make sure you didn't get cold while sledging. It was fantastic, the musher told us lots of information about the dog, the breds, their lives, etc. They are amazing animals, so keen to get running, but also eager to have hugs and cuddles from all the visitors :-)
The Golden Circle tour is amazing and an absolute must if visiting Reykjavik, the views are absolutely breathtaking and no words or pictures can really do them justice, you need to see them for yourself.
Our tour guide 'Leaf' (not sure of spelling, sorry) was brilliant, without a doubt the best tour guide I've ever had, anywhere I've visited in the world. She was very knowledgable, and her English was excellent. She had a great passion for her job, her country and everything she showed us. She taught us a great deal about the country, not just basic tour guide stuff of what you can see out of the window.
It seemed as if many people went on this tour on their first or second day in Reykjavik. However we booked in for our final day and I'm glad we did as it was an amazing day to finish our holiday with!
Also the staff were extremely helpful liaising with me via email when I was trying to book everything.

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Spectacular service!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was interested in doing tours in Iceland and thought I'd sort them before I arrived. I shopped around looking for the best price and then came across Eskimos - they answered all of my questions and then found all the best prices around for me. They found me better deals than I had come up with from my own research.

ATV (quad bikes) - so much fun, small group, great experience.
Huskies - BEST. DAY. EVER. No more to say.
The Golden Circle and Blue Lagoon - must sees. Definitely more touristy than the other tours but amazing experiences all the same.

Eskimos made these tours effortless and memorable for us. I would highly recommend them, and will get back to them for sure on my next trip! :)

Long Island, New York
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Fantastic company, people and attractions”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Recently went to Iceland with friends and we booked in advance our tours through Eskimo, because they were highly reviewed here. They lived up to the expectations and more. We did the glacier hike about 2 hours away from Reykjavik. They picked us up at our hotel right on time and then we stopped and picked up the lunch for the day that comes with the excursion. While driving through the picturesque scenery of Iceland we learned all about Iceland. Svavar was our tour guide and he was phenomenal. He knew everything there was to know and you could tell he respected his country. I'm 23 and found everything he had to say, interesting and admirable. Oh yes, the lunch was delicious. Two drinks, a banana, deli sandwich, lamb sandwich and a giant cookie. But now about the trip.
The drive was about 2 hours with two stops for bathrooms and snacks if need be. Then you trek through the hills, mountains, volcanoes and waterfalls. Drop dead gorgeous. Once you get to the glacier you are provided with the snow gear. (crampons, harness, pick and helmet) Dress accordingly. The hike is taxing for the elderly and not-so-fit, but that's a choice you have to make. You kind of forget about the pain in your knees or about sliding down the side of a "hole" with the views you see. Svavar set us up to ice climb which was a lot harder than it looked, obviously. So happy I can say I made it to the top. Going in winter...there is not much daylight so we were on the glacier for all 4.5 of daylight...timed perfectly and drove in the darkness. We also stopped on the way back at a wonderful waterfall. Its lake was iced over so we got some great pictures. On the way back we stopped for gas and bathrooms breaks. You get dropped back off at your hotel and because it was so amazing we tipped him.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Knowledgable staff and well organised”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I was very happy with the customer service from Eskimos before even flying out to iceland from England I had regular email communication and they were very helpful! They organised a wonderful tour for us and can't say a bad word about them!