“Fantastic company, people and attractions”
Review of Eskimos Iceland

Eskimos Iceland
More attraction details
Owner description: Eskimos Iceland custom-designs itineraries for individuals, small groups and travel agencies. We create experiences based on each traveller's time frame, interests and budget. We operate private tours, as well as using partners operators to make you experience the most of Iceland. Our mission is to build your dream trip and saving you the hassle.
Long Island, New York
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Fantastic company, people and attractions”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Recently went to Iceland with friends and we booked in advance our tours through Eskimo, because they were highly reviewed here. They lived up to the expectations and more. We did the glacier hike about 2 hours away from Reykjavik. They picked us up at our hotel right on time and then we stopped and picked up the lunch for the day that comes with the excursion. While driving through the picturesque scenery of Iceland we learned all about Iceland. Svavar was our tour guide and he was phenomenal. He knew everything there was to know and you could tell he respected his country. I'm 23 and found everything he had to say, interesting and admirable. Oh yes, the lunch was delicious. Two drinks, a banana, deli sandwich, lamb sandwich and a giant cookie. But now about the trip.
The drive was about 2 hours with two stops for bathrooms and snacks if need be. Then you trek through the hills, mountains, volcanoes and waterfalls. Drop dead gorgeous. Once you get to the glacier you are provided with the snow gear. (crampons, harness, pick and helmet) Dress accordingly. The hike is taxing for the elderly and not-so-fit, but that's a choice you have to make. You kind of forget about the pain in your knees or about sliding down the side of a "hole" with the views you see. Svavar set us up to ice climb which was a lot harder than it looked, obviously. So happy I can say I made it to the top. Going in winter...there is not much daylight so we were on the glacier for all 4.5 of daylight...timed perfectly and drove in the darkness. We also stopped on the way back at a wonderful waterfall. Its lake was iced over so we got some great pictures. On the way back we stopped for gas and bathrooms breaks. You get dropped back off at your hotel and because it was so amazing we tipped him.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Knowledgable staff and well organised”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I was very happy with the customer service from Eskimos before even flying out to iceland from England I had regular email communication and they were very helpful! They organised a wonderful tour for us and can't say a bad word about them!

Corby, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliant!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

One of the best trips we did on our trip to Iceland. The eskimos arranged the whole trip meaning we didn't have to worry at all throughout the day. We were picked up from our hotel very promptly, on route to the husky camp the driver told us all about Iceland and what to expect from our visit.
When we arrived our Musher, Sammy talked us through everything to expect whilst moving. The huskies were amazing, beautiful creatures, with the puppies being a personal highlight of mine!! I would recommend anyone who is thinking about going on this trip to defiantly book! It was the highlight of our whole trip and we would book to go again in a heartbeat!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Trip With Eskimos”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Somehow I was blessed to be put in touch with Heidrun over at the Eskimos office. I came to Iceland for a girls trip (there was 6 of us) over my 30th birthday and it could not have gone more smoothly. Heidi suggested the perfect mix of tours mixed with adventure and relaxation and she guided me through every question I asked over the course of a number of months! She even wrote me a 3 page email of suggestions of bars, restaurants, shops, and price points of places to go out in the city. We used these suggestions daily! We booked our entire itinerary through Eskimos, so I didn't need to deal with any other tour companies except for them which made things really easy to just have one contact for the entire trip. From caving, to glacier hikes, waterfalls, volcanoes, dog sledding, horseback riding, and ATVs! We did it all, reasonably priced for our budget, and I can't even say enough wonderful things about the service from the planning to our tour guides. Thor and Svavar were our favorite guides along the way and really knew "all things Iceland". They made our day trips extremely personable and were really helpful in guiding us through the caving and glacier hiking that they took us on. I'm 100% going back to Iceland and 1000% sure I'll be planning my next trip through Eskimos as well. Oh...and even though we didn't see the Northern Lights on our bus tour all we had to do was look up on our last night in town! Truly lucky. I've traveled many places around the globe, but Iceland is at the top of my list. Thanks Heidi, Thor, Svavar, Tristan, Jean, and the entire Eskimos team! I hope to meet all of you again soon on my side of the pond or yours.

1 Thank Meryl H
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Eskimazing”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We booked the husky sledging and golden circle tour with Eskimos.
From start to finish they were outstanding, providing you with detailed itinerarys on exactly what you're looking for.
We were picked up from our accommodation slap bag on the dot and the gentlemen we had (forgive me I can't remember his name) was amazing. He had so much passion for his country and constantly Provided us with tales and facts on icelands history.
The husky experience was incredible the only downside was it was a blizzard at the time and no goggles I couldn't see much at first as I couldnt open my eyes but that calmed down eventually. So if you have some ski goggles, take them just encase.
Golden Circle tour was incredible and some of the most beautiful sights I have seen. Small tour group makes it so much better.If you book with Eskimos you won't regret a thing.
Oh and try the meat soup people have mentioned. I am not a big soup fan but this soup was delicious..

3 Thank Travelbug101285