“Northern lights, ponies and huskies”
Review of Eskimos Iceland

Eskimos Iceland
More attraction details
Owner description: Eskimos Iceland custom-designs itineraries for individuals, small groups and travel agencies. We create experiences based on each traveller's time frame, interests and budget. We operate private tours, as well as using partners operators to make you experience the most of Iceland. Our mission is to build your dream trip and saving you the hassle.
“Northern lights, ponies and huskies”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding service. We booked three activities with Eskimos. The first to drive out and see the Northern lights, our guide was fun and knowledgable. We drove out Into the countryside, learnt about the history of Iceland and we're lucky enough to see the Northern lights. Even if we had not seen the lights it would have been a fun trip.

Second activity was riding Icelandic ponies. I have extensive riding experience, while my partner has sat on a horse three times. Eskimos arranged the activity with a very professional riding firm which matched our experience to ponies. A great way to see the countryside and would highly recommend it.

Third activity was to see northern lights and husky sled ride. Unfortunately the weather ( high winds, cloudy and very cold) resulted in cancellation. Eskimos kept us informed and although disappointed we are always happy to have our safety as a priority. We have been refunded the prepaid amount and cannot thank Eskimos enough for our adventure and their professional service.

Visited November 2013

Ocean, New Jersey
“The best of the best”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Heiðrún at Eskimos was the first contact we had with this organization, and what a great way to start out: she was helpful, informative and had incredible fast turn around time with communique. Eskimos has chosen the most solid business partners around the island, guaranteeing you the best experience you can get. We book everything through them, and were in great hands from start to finish. We did the quad tour around two peaks near the city, and that was tons of fun- ripping around on Can-Ams and taking some time at the vistas to snap great panorama pics of Reykjavic, Langjokull and Esja in the distance. Our driver was gracious enough to stop at the big greenhouse near the quad central, and we had a look at a premier Icelandic organic vendor's operation. It was amazing, and one can buy herbs and greens right there. The guy who runs is looks sort of like Ed Begley Jr.

We then did the Glacier Walk tour, which was phenomenal. Although they deserve a seperate review unto themselves, Snorri and Gunilla were out guides out on the Solheimajokull walk, where they were amazingly engaged with our first attempt at ice climbing. We caught the ice climbing bug due to their enthusiasm and love of the sport- something they shared the whole day. A stop on the way back at Skogafoss rounded out the experience- what a day of gorgeous vistas, everywhere we looked. If you have need of someone who knows the island and all of the sights, the vendors and the great things to do, entrust Eskimos to help build a trip tailored to your needs and desires. You won't regret it!!!

Visited November 2013
Dublin, Ireland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A dream day out!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We booked a day out with the Huskies on our recent trip to Reykjavik. Although I thought it expensive (approx €200 each) at the outset, it was something I always wanted to do, and couldn't face going home without experiencing dog sledding with the Huskies.
We were collected from our hotel and our driver was very informative during the approx 1 hr drive to the farm. He was Icelandic and had a real passion and interest in his country and the beautiful landcape. We received a packed lunch, a really nice and welcome treat.
On arrival, our 2 guids, one from Scotland and 1 from Netherlands, greeted us warmly and set about getting us snuggled into thermalsuits. We were introduced to each dog individually, and their background and personality explained, as was the complete sledding experience. When we set off, it was obvious by the dogs reactions that they loved this part of their lives, and the cries of the dogs left behind in the kennels confirmed this.
Our guides, who were mostly volunteers, were informative, passionate about their work, and had a real love for the work and most importantly for the dogs, and it is a rare thing to see in people who are not gaining financially from things.
We also had an opportunity to meets the dogs in their kennels who were not working that day, and we had lots of time for photos and play with the dogs.
My only complaint, and it isnt really a complaint, is that the day had to end at some stage. It broke my heart to leave them all behind, but the consolation is knowing that the people with them loved and cared for them so much.
I would highly recommend Eskimos for this kind of trip for anyone visiting Iceland. We had already booked day tours with our travel agent which were with a different operator, but if I had known how professional Eskimos were, I would have waited and booked my other trips with them instead.
I cannot wait to return.!!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank bernadettewalsh7
Greenville, South Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Buri lava tube tour was fantastic!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We booked a lava tube, which is like a cave, tour using Eskimos. We were picked up at our hotel by our guide. It was just us, me and my husband, on this tour. We drove about 45 minutes outside of Reykjavik then approximately a mile off roading. Next was about a 30 minute hike to the entrance of the cave. Now, the explanation of this tour does state you should be good physical condition. They mean it. I was in the middle of training for my 3rd marathon when I took this tour, and it was challenging. In a good way. We entered the tube through a very small opening. We spent about an hour crawling and climbing over the lava rocks. Pictures don't do this justice. It was so amazing inside. After an hour, we reached the end of the tube. Here, we had a snack and some water. Then hiked back to the entrance. The company did provide sac lunches and juice.

Visited October 2013
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Great Experience!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked a dog sledding trip through Eskimos Iceland. We were told upfront that there was no snow on the ground and that the trip would be on a wheeled cart in a farmer’s field. Nonetheless we decided to go ahead and experience being pulled by a dog sled team. What a treat the whole experience was! Our guide was knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. We not only enjoyed the ride but also learned a good deal in the process. Both my wife and I were given the opportunity to handle the reins for a time and also to assist in removing the dog’s collars at trip’s end.

The dogs themselves were fascinating to observe and loved attention being lavished upon them. This was one experience from our two week Ring Road trip that I’ll always treasure.

As far as Eskimos Iceland, I can’t speak highly enough of them. They are knowledgeable, extremely helpful in regards to both inquiries and providing assistance when needed, and their attention to detail is simply outstanding.

If we're fortunate enough to make the journey again in the future from the US to Iceland, any tours we would be interested in we would look solely to Eskimos Iceland to handle the arrangements. Thanks Eskimos, you’re fantastic!

Visited September 2013