“Buri lava tube tour was fantastic!”
Review of Eskimos Iceland

Eskimos Iceland
More attraction details
Owner description: Eskimos Iceland custom-designs itineraries for individuals, small groups and travel agencies. We create experiences based on each traveller's time frame, interests and budget. We operate private tours, as well as using partners operators to make you experience the most of Iceland. Our mission is to build your dream trip and saving you the hassle.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We booked a lava tube, which is like a cave, tour using Eskimos. We were picked up at our hotel by our guide. It was just us, me and my husband, on this tour. We drove about 45 minutes outside of Reykjavik then approximately a mile off roading. Next was about a 30 minute hike to the entrance of the cave. Now, the explanation of this tour does state you should be good physical condition. They mean it. I was in the middle of training for my 3rd marathon when I took this tour, and it was challenging. In a good way. We entered the tube through a very small opening. We spent about an hour crawling and climbing over the lava rocks. Pictures don't do this justice. It was so amazing inside. After an hour, we reached the end of the tube. Here, we had a snack and some water. Then hiked back to the entrance. The company did provide sac lunches and juice.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked a dog sledding trip through Eskimos Iceland. We were told upfront that there was no snow on the ground and that the trip would be on a wheeled cart in a farmer’s field. Nonetheless we decided to go ahead and experience being pulled by a dog sled team. What a treat the whole experience was! Our guide was knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. We not only enjoyed the ride but also learned a good deal in the process. Both my wife and I were given the opportunity to handle the reins for a time and also to assist in removing the dog’s collars at trip’s end.

The dogs themselves were fascinating to observe and loved attention being lavished upon them. This was one experience from our two week Ring Road trip that I’ll always treasure.

As far as Eskimos Iceland, I can’t speak highly enough of them. They are knowledgeable, extremely helpful in regards to both inquiries and providing assistance when needed, and their attention to detail is simply outstanding.

If we're fortunate enough to make the journey again in the future from the US to Iceland, any tours we would be interested in we would look solely to Eskimos Iceland to handle the arrangements. Thanks Eskimos, you’re fantastic!

2  Thank DJBrunner
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I contacted a few agencies in Reykjavik and Eskimos was the one that answered very quickly and all my questions. I got a great help and personal advice from Heidrún, which I found very useful when travelling to a counry where you have never been. Heidrún advised me a lot and with her kindest help I book the trips very easily. The best service was that I could chance my one day trip only few days earlier - which you can not do with all agencies.
I really appreciated this a lot!
I highly recommend to contact Eskimos and tell them what you want to see or experience. They are professionals and can help you a lot - and you will avoid mistakes and wrong choices.

I knew which Iceland horse farm I would like to book for my riding day - you can book them directly - but Eskimos made the booking for me and sent the voucher with the other bookings and vouchers, which was very convenient!

Iceland is a magical country. Once you have seen the Gullfoss and Glacier (among other lovely, lovely views), tried ice climbing - which is very hard and difficult, but worth of all steps - you will never forget these experiences.

Let the professionals help you and ask Eskomis make the plans and bookings for you - you can just enjoy the lovely and extraordinary experiences!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

When in the unique environs of Iceland, it can be a confusing ordeal to pick where to go and what to do. The good people at Eskimos were an immense help by first asking what kinds of things I was interested in, then providing information about various tours from different operators. The great thing is that you can book directly with them and let them manage your itinerary instead of contacting many different companies. They give great, personal service and never hesitated to answer my many, many questions. They did a great job for me and helped create a wonderful vacation in Iceland!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Attempting to implement wild exotic plans and dreams of visiting some special remote regions of Iceland during its low winter season from the confines of an office in sunny Brisbane is not easy!

However, from our first email sent to Eskimos to our last farewells to their energetic and humorous guide, Berglin, Eskimos went above and beyond in helping organise our tour over a couple of days despite our itinerary not falling exactly within the traditional mould.

As a result, we were able to experience the unique and diverse beauty of the south- eastern Icelandic coastal regions on route to the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon via Vik. This was promptly followed with a journey into Iceland’s beautiful heart of lightness onward to Landmannalaugar under 10,000 tonnes of pure white snow and not a soul around as far as even an eagle eye could see.

The assistance of Eskimos in planning to visit these places was always very prompt, professional and friendly. The direction of Berglin as our guide was remarkable and memorable from her funny tales of twisted Icelandic folklore, to helping take the “money shots” dwarfed by icebergs on the beach and in the hidden blue chamber deep in the Sólheimajökull glacier and even with assisting me to get some glacier ice for my evening whisky!

As I continue to be blessed by the everlasting impression of everything Icelandic from icebergs, glaciers, lava fields, blue lagoons, endless snowfileds, drifting tectonic plates, massive frozen waterfalls, black pebbled beaches, freezing icy wind gusts, night skies of golden wonder to the unqiue humour and friendliness of its people, I will plan to return there once more. And when I do, I know to send the first email to Eskimos to help with these plans.