“Making Tours Easy”
Review of Eskimos Iceland

Eskimos Iceland
More attraction details
Owner description: Eskimos Iceland custom-designs itineraries for individuals, small groups and travel agencies. We create experiences based on each traveller's time frame, interests and budget. We operate private tours, as well as using partners operators to make you experience the most of Iceland. Our mission is to build your dream trip and saving you the hassle.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

When in the unique environs of Iceland, it can be a confusing ordeal to pick where to go and what to do. The good people at Eskimos were an immense help by first asking what kinds of things I was interested in, then providing information about various tours from different operators. The great thing is that you can book directly with them and let them manage your itinerary instead of contacting many different companies. They give great, personal service and never hesitated to answer my many, many questions. They did a great job for me and helped create a wonderful vacation in Iceland!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Attempting to implement wild exotic plans and dreams of visiting some special remote regions of Iceland during its low winter season from the confines of an office in sunny Brisbane is not easy!

However, from our first email sent to Eskimos to our last farewells to their energetic and humorous guide, Berglin, Eskimos went above and beyond in helping organise our tour over a couple of days despite our itinerary not falling exactly within the traditional mould.

As a result, we were able to experience the unique and diverse beauty of the south- eastern Icelandic coastal regions on route to the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon via Vik. This was promptly followed with a journey into Iceland’s beautiful heart of lightness onward to Landmannalaugar under 10,000 tonnes of pure white snow and not a soul around as far as even an eagle eye could see.

The assistance of Eskimos in planning to visit these places was always very prompt, professional and friendly. The direction of Berglin as our guide was remarkable and memorable from her funny tales of twisted Icelandic folklore, to helping take the “money shots” dwarfed by icebergs on the beach and in the hidden blue chamber deep in the Sólheimajökull glacier and even with assisting me to get some glacier ice for my evening whisky!

As I continue to be blessed by the everlasting impression of everything Icelandic from icebergs, glaciers, lava fields, blue lagoons, endless snowfileds, drifting tectonic plates, massive frozen waterfalls, black pebbled beaches, freezing icy wind gusts, night skies of golden wonder to the unqiue humour and friendliness of its people, I will plan to return there once more. And when I do, I know to send the first email to Eskimos to help with these plans.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We did the hot spring hike with Eskimos. First off, I think they were the best tour company we worked with during our Transatlantic Cruise from the UK to Boston USA. That is saying a lot since we had six stop-overs. The booking process was extremely easy and we ended up having a private tour. Our guide Thor was extremely friendly and easy to get on with. I highly recommend him in particular.

We hiked for about 2 hours to the hot springs and saw some awesome waterfalls along the way. Then we had enough time to sit in the geothermal pools for about 2 hours before we hiked back to the car. The hike wasn't overly strenuous but you definitely need to be in moderate shape. I would not recommend this if you have mobility issues.

Overall this was the highlight of our time in Iceland. I wish we had booked 2 days of tours with Eskimos over another tour company.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Iceland was AMAZING and our tours through Eskimos really made it that way!

One of the very best services they offered, on top of their own tours, was that if they didn't have a tour they would work with the company that did, and book it for you, so you only had to deal with one point of contact, make one payment. It made everything much easier.

I would have to say the best, most amazing experience was the Dogseldding tour and in particular, the time spent with our guide Rúnar. He was an AMAZING guide, and I could not have had a better introduction to Iceland than we did through him.

Touring the turf houses was an amazing experience and the Golden Circle tour was great as well. Gullfoss was intensely powerful, seeing the second part of the waterfall at the top really made it amazing! We also went horse back riding, had amazing Icelandic beer and went to the blue lagoon, all arranged through Eskimos. We are already planning our return trip in February and will be booking with them again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I booked my tours through Eskimos because I found their website to have the most complete offerings of the activities that I wanted to do. Heidrun was prompt in answering all of my questions and choosing the best operators for the tours. The payment process was hassle free and simple.

I would recommend Eskimos if you do not know where to start when determining which tours to do in Iceland!