“Over The Top Support”
Review of Eskimos Iceland

Eskimos Iceland
More attraction details
Owner description: Eskimos Iceland custom-designs itineraries for individuals, small groups and travel agencies. We create experiences based on each traveller's time frame, interests and budget. We operate private tours, as well as using partners operators to make you experience the most of Iceland. Our mission is to build your dream trip and saving you the hassle.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about this tour company. I dealt with Thora via email in planning our tours. She couldn't have been more helpful. Then once we were in country, she kept in contact rearranging tours due to weather conditions. A very professional outfit I highly recommend!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I were lucky enough to do the midnight husky tour on 12/8/12. Prior to booking I had some questions and emailed the company. They replied immediately and were very helpful. Booking with them was super easy. I compared them with another dog sledding company offering the tour. We booked with Eskimo’s because they included pick up and drop off from our hotels with their package. Only one other couple was on the tour with us which made it even better. We were picked up on time and our driver could not have been nicer! She was very knowledgeable of all things Iceland and answered any questions we had on a variety of topics from politics to music. Once we arrived at the farm we were suited up and wasted no time heading out. Due to no snow we used a trolley instead but it was just as fun. As we later learned, we went faster than we would have on a sled because we were being pulled by 10 dogs rather than the normal 5 which would be used with a sled. I’m terrible with names so I can’t recall our tour guides name but he was awesome! He told us about each of the dogs and about dog sledding in general. Half way through we stopped and looked for northern lights (unfortunately they were hiding at that time) and got to get pictures with the dogs and pet them. Just by speaking with the guide you know that they truly care about the dogs and their well being and not just about making money. After the tour we got to visit and see the other dogs, including the puppies. Prior to leaving we drank some hot chocolate to further warm up (the suits we were provided were plenty warm). On the way home our guide was nice enough to pull over and we managed to see some northern lights (they were very weak that night). Overall the trip was great! It was something I’ve never done before and to be guided by people who truly love the sport and the dogs makes it even better. I highly recommend this company, you won’t regret it!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Eskimos Iceland was not only really helpful setting up my trip to Iceland, but very accommodating when arrived, from one of their staff members picking up from the airport, to bring and extra jacket and gloves when we found out my bags didnt arrive. Without their help I wouldn't been able to get the ultimate experience of Iceland. I have already referred two of my friends to use them as their tour company for their future trips to Iceland.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Having used Eskimos in the past, they were the automatic choice for our visit to Iceland this year. Again the staff were patient, helpful, professional and nothing was too much trouble. Any questions I had either to do with the activities or general information were answered. No doubt in my mind I will use this company again and recommend to everyone.

1  Thank Gill K
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We booked the Golden Circle trip with the additional option of snow mobiling and had a wonderful time and cannot thank Heidrun and Eskimo Travel team enough... The 4x4 trucks were huge and excellent and the tour size of about 12 was just about right for us , not too many people to feel like you are being herded around but not too small to feel you are the focus of all the attention.

The sites were well explained on the trip and the highlight was the drive to the glacier and the snowmobilling.

We booked individual snowmobiles and this proved a great move. The actual snowmobiling was well organised and we were able to get out on the glacier and off the beaten track. After the snowmobiling because we joined the tour late the guides even went the extra mile and showed us some of the sites we had missed which was a great surprise and took time out to explain the sites and Iceland to us.