“Yumm!”

Cafe Loki
Ranked #52 of 465 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cafe Loki offer Icelandic meat soup, Icelandic plate, homemade bread and cakes. Icelandic traditional homemade dishes are our specialty. You can taste fermented shark and dried fish but Icelandic meat soup and our Icelandic plates are most popular among the Rye Ice cream and Skyr cake. Beautiful view over Reykjavik, Hallgrimskirkja church and to mountain Blafjoll. Icelandic food.
Bordeaux, France
“Yumm!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was our last stop before heading back to Paris. We had seen some publicity for this restaurant on the plaine so we decided to try it. It was very good! I had a coffee and a cake that I cannot remember the name but it was a tradition from Iceland and my boyfriend tasted another cake. We loved it! The server was quite "cold" but efficient. There is a lovely view (especially from the first floor) to the cathedral. It was the last night and it rained and we didn't say goodbye to such a lovely country and yummy food! ;)

We visited in January 2013

• Polish first
Denver
“Plokkfiskur Bliss!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I found it and I've been looking for a long time. I have been on a quest for the perfect plokkfiskur served with the incredible Icelandic dark bread and finally, I have found it at Kaffe Loki. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this dish, Plokkfiskur is a Scandinavian dish of baked, mashed cod, potatoes, butter, onion and seasoning and served with (or on) dark bread. Loki's version is served on a slice of dark bread (fabulous!) and I have to say, it almost brought tears to my eyes it was so good. Loki is located across from Hallgrimskirkja and it's a nice place to sit, enjoy a meal and people watch from the dining room upstairs. If you go, try the plokkfiskur and experience pure bliss...you won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“So good I ate here two days in a row”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nice atmosphere and good food. I had the smoked trout plate the first time with flat-bread. They offer traditional Icelandic herbal tea and some good sweets to accompany it. The made from scratch flat bread was very good, it could be a dish on its own. I recommend sitting upstairs for a better view of the church while eating.

• Visited September 2013
Chatham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hakurl-tastic”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Small, friendly little cafe where I finally had chance to try the infamous rotten shark delicacy - and wasn't disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank IangeronimoBrumby
Denver, Colorado
“Delicious and fun”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

It's a great opportunity to have some traditional Icelandic food, and it's yummy! I've been here a few times, my favorite is the mashed fish and potatoes, especially the gratin version. And the skyr and cream, so good I try to duplicate it at home, except the US has not so great skyr. It's not a cheap meal, but it's food I'd never get to eat otherwise, and it tastes good too. They have a nice beer selection, it's easy to get to, and no matter where you sit you get a nice view. The staff is helpful and were willing to swap out one of the bread toppings for me on one of the Icelandic plates.

I've been to Iceland twice, and Cafe Loki 4 times, love it!

• Visited June 2014