“A really very nice cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Loki

Cafe Loki
Ranked #53 of 462 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Cafe, European, Soups, Scandinavian
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Cafe Loki offer Icelandic meat soup, Icelandic plate, homemade bread and cakes. Icelandic traditional homemade dishes are our specialty. You can taste fermented shark and dried fish but Icelandic meat soup and our Icelandic plates are most popular among the Rye Ice cream and Skyr cake. Beautiful view over Reykjavik, Hallgrimskirkja church and to mountain Blafjoll. Icelandic food.
London, United Kingdom
“A really very nice cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Before coming to Iceland I was warned about the cost of meals. The cost in Cafe Loki worked out around £15 a head for a main meal and pudding. From a London perspective this is pretty good going. On top of this I really liked the food. All of the main dishes I had were great, and I really liked the rye bread ice cream for afters. The cafe is warm and clean, and we found the staff to be friendly and welcoming.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great Icelandic cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We visited Cafe Loki 3 times for dinner during our stay in Reykjavik and will definitely visit again next time we go there. The Cafe combines great Icelandic food and atmosphere (pleasant Icelandic music in the background, landscapes from local painters on the walls...). The stuff is friendly and helpful. We tried the meat soup offer in both combinations - with flatbread and rye bread, both of which were delicious, with very pleasant sweet taste which goes well with fish as well as cured lamb. The Icelandic platters are a great introduction to Icelandic food (try the fermented shark pieces - a bit of an acquired taste but quite interesting). We recommend the rye bread ice cream and the Icelandic herbal tea!

London
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed at Leifur Eriksson hotel just across the street and read reviews of this place. We went for a late breakfast and I had the pickled herrings with rye bread, eggs and rye bread icecream - all very delicious! Try it! Good honest food

Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Two delicious meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I had two meals at Cafe Loki, lunch my first day in Reykjavik and dinner the next evening. Both were excellent. My lunch consisted of meat soup and rye bread ice cream (which may sound a bit strange but actually is quite good). For dinner, I tried the mashed fish and loved it. The servers were patient in answering my questions about the various dishes. Definitely recommended.

Visited November 2013
Reykjavik, Iceland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheerful, quality food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I visited Cafe Loki twice during my stay in Reykjavík, and the food is consistently good quality, with a selection of local delicacies. The rye bread served is all made in house, and is delicious. It's worth sampling the rye bread icecream, too, great flavour with little crunchy bits for texture!
Well priced for Iceland, too.