“Charming”

Cafe Loki
Ranked #50 of 516 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe Loki offer Icelandic meat soup, Icelandic sample plates, homemade bread and cakes. Icelandic traditional homemade dishes are our specialty. You can taste fermented shark and dried fish but Icelandic meat soup and our Icelandic plates are most popular among the Rye Ice cream and Skyr cake. Beautiful view over Reykjavik, Hallgrimskirkja church and to mountain Blafjoll. Icelandic food.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The staff was so kind and the cafe is located right next to the church. Beautiful views and great location. The food was delicious, I had their meat soup and shark :)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,382)

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Cafe Loki is an excellent place if you want to try some local specialities, but don't want to sit down for a big dinner. It's perfect for a quick stop while walking around Reykjavik and it's right next to the Hallgrimskirka (chruch).
I tried the fermented shark, lamb stew and a local sandwich. The fermented shark was exotic, I wouldn't say tasty, but definitely a must try and good to enjoy with some Brenavin ;)
Lamb stew and the sandwich were great.

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

The food was tipical Icelandic and very delicious. We had the Christmas lunch that was well presented. The young lad that served us was very friendly and the service was excellent

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Great location opposite Hallgrimskirkja this was a must stop on our long weekend in Iceland. Friendly staff who made us feel very comfortable with the Icelandic delicacies including fermented shark which we all had to try, I would recommend the shark and dried fish - we wouldn't go out of our way to have it again but it is something to experience. Beware the Bishops Coffees which are quite something for brunch. Highly recommend this stop on your tour of Reykjavik.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Schnapps and putrified Shark.... Great I loved it. When asked, the waitress said the only person who likes the shark is her Grandad whose in his 70's (a true Viking no doubt). I ate it and it's tasty, odd yes, smelly oh deffinatly but tasty and worth a go. The cafe is really well situated opposite the Cathederal and does dishes that have been eaten in Iceland for years. The beer was cold and wasn't too expensive. All in all a taste bud treat! An when I left I had horns on my helmet! Call me Olaf Olafsson! Grrrr.