“Great for taking on day trips”

Reykjavik Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike Tours & Bicycle Rentals in Reykjavik is a family business started in 2009. Scheduled and private city tours, day tours with or without bicycles. City bikes - Mountain bikes - Touring bikes - Electric bikes Our scheduled bicycle tours are designed for people in good health who know how to balance a bicycle and enjoy learning about the sights visited from a competent and enthousiastic professional tourist guide. If you prefer more challenging rides we do private tours of all sorts. Private bike tours in a vehicle, with or without bicycles, available all year for groups of all sizes. We look forward to hear from you. Stefan & Ursula
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Reviewed June 4, 2018

We rented bikes here to take them to Videy Island for the day. We paid about $50 for the bikes for the whole day because you can either rent for up to 4 hours or for the whole day. I wish they had given us mountain bikes rather than city bikes because it was a bit tricky pedaling on the grass, but it was still doable. The man who rented the bikes to us was super friendly and helpful, and made sure to give us a giant map and gave us recommendations for places to bike to. It was a nice idea to rent them and I'm glad we did and this company made it easy to do.

All reviews
in 27 reviews
"pace"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed May 26, 2018

I had a 24-hour layover in Reykjavik and wasn't sure how I wanted to spend it. There were a variety of tours that took tourists outside the city, but I wanted something a bit more flexible that would allow me to break away from the tourist bubble and experience a bit of the real Reykjavik on my own. Renting a bike from Reykjavik Bike Tours was the perfect option for this! I rented a bike for four hours and was able to bike leisurely all over the city. The bikes are in great shape and the staff is very friendly and helpful (shoutout to George!).

If you are a cycling enthusiast or are simply interested in taking your own unique tour around Iceland, I highly recommend visiting the team at RBT. They will set you right up!

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

I rented a bike here to cycle to the Grotta Lighthouse. Service was excellent here. Stefan showed me a great bicycle tour on the map including many beautiful places as the Perlan museum and the public geothermal beach. They even gave me an extra pair of gloves! I had a great day out.

Reviewed May 16, 2018

We were seeking a knowledgeable guide and equipment that was above average so that our time in Iceland would be enjoyable. We were pleasantly surprised in every way!

What an awesome company! Every associate was friendly and knowledgeable. They were all concerned with our comfort and well being.

The vehicles, gear and supplies were new and in excellent condition!

Thank you for making every minute in Iceland so very memorable! We will be back - and we will definitely use your service again!

If YOU are seeking a WOW experience - THIS IS THE PLACE !

ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Hello, thank you for the glowing review. Hard to keep up this great reputation and match expectations :-). Glad to have been of service and wonderful you had a great time in Iceland. Stefan

See more reviews
Reviewed April 17, 2018

We had booked a bicycle tour with Stefan with another couple and as it turned out, due to some physical issues, two of us were unable to ride the bikes on that day. So as not to disappoint us, Stefan offered to take us on a tour in his truck! We had the best time we could have ever imagined! We learned so much more about the city than we ever would have on our own. He turned what could have been a colossal disappointment into our best day in the city. Thank you Stefan!!!