“Bike Tour in the Snow”

Reykjavik Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike Tours & Bicycle Rentals in Reykjavik is a family business started in 2009. Scheduled and private city tours, day tours with or without bicycles. City bikes - Mountain bikes - Touring bikes - Electric bikes Our scheduled bicycle tours are designed for people in good health who know how to balance a bicycle and enjoy learning about the sights visited from a competent and enthousiastic professional tourist guide. If you prefer more challenging rides we do private tours of all sorts. Private bike tours in a vehicle, with or without bicycles, available all year for groups of all sizes. We look forward to hear from you. Stefan & Ursula
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Reviewed March 8, 2018

We did the tour in Feb, in a morning of storm warning. Stefan still took us and riding in the wind and snow was a memorable experience. Condition of the bikes were very good and there wasn't any condition during the whole tour although there was wind and snow. Stefan also took us indoor to warm up at appropriate time which was really considerate. He was so nice and humorous, we chatted a lot relaxingly like friends which I think it is really really precious, as we get to learn not only general history and facts of a foreign country but also the culture and livings from a lively, down to earth native. Thank you Stefan for guiding us. -Wing

Date of experience: February 2018
ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2018

Thank you Wing for the kind words. You were brave to do the tour with me in the snow and you did very well. No falls and only fun. It was very nice to meet you and to learn about you and your culture. And at the end of the day we as in people are in many ways very similar regardless of where we are born. All the best to you!

All reviews
"your bearings"
in 7 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 11 reviews
in 290 reviews
"ride"
in 77 reviews

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Highly recommend! My son, one of my daughters, and I visited Iceland in May 2014. One of the highlights of our trip was the bike tour with Stephan. He is a native Icelander and loves telling about the city and country. All three of my daughters, my son-in-law, and I returned in May 2017. Because of various travel schedules, we had to schedule a private bike tour. Stephan was so helpful, and our tour guide was excellent. They love what they do and make it fun for visitors.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed February 18, 2018

Three years ago we met Stefan in the summer when we booked a private Segway tour with him. His bike tours looked great, but our time was limited. Next time! It is a must-do for summer visitors. We loved Iceland so much and vowed to return during New Years. A year before our visit, I contacted Stefan and over that year, he emailed and called me to make certain the itinerary was exactly what we wanted. And it was! Book full day tours to become totally immersed in the country and the culture, and when you can interact with locals in the city and the countryside. You can read all of the reviews and view the photos and you will get a sense of the experience you will get with Stefan. I can boldly underscore those comments and say that our trip was magnificent, but Stefan's style, character, integrity, humor and commitment to making us return home loving Iceland are what made the experience so magical.

1  Thank 947EdS
ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Thank you Ed for the kind words and for taking the time to write a review about your experience with me.

I am very flatterd by what you say. It will be hard to keep up the reputation after this glowing review :-)

It was a true pleasure to spend time with you and to show you the sights.

I look forward to see you in Iceland once more.

Travel safely.

Stefan

- Bike tours, Segway tours, walking tours and private tours in a vehicle

Reviewed January 2, 2018

Our time in Reykjavik, Iceland was December. Some members of our group had been on Stefan's Segway tour, and said we must use him as our Iceland Tour Guide. I am so glad we did.

From the Northern Lights to the Golden Circle Tour to the Southern Coast Tour to the Secret Lagoon, Stefan was the total package. Bike Tours obviously are a small part of his offerings. When looking to book a bike tour, make sure you check out everything he offers, you will not be disappointed.

Your trip will be much more personal and tailored to you!

Date of experience: December 2017
ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you John, it was a great pleasure to show you the sights! I wish you a happy new year and all the best in 2018. Travel safely and see you again soon in Iceland :-)

See more reviews
Reviewed December 15, 2017

I have used Stefan as a professional guide twice. First in the summer of 2014 and the second time in December of 2017. His knowledge of his country, its history, cultures, stories, and myths are shared with you as you travel with him. He works with you to deliver a spectacular tour that fits into your desires and interests. He is honest and always on point looking out for you. We cannot think of Iceland without thinking of our tour guide (and our friend) Stefan.

Date of experience: December 2017
ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2017

Thank you Paul for the kind words. I really loved meeting you and showing you the sites the first time and this time it was even nicer! You've still got some of the northern part of Iceland to see still. I'm already looking forward to your third visit :-) Travel safely!