Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing personal mountain biking tour of Reykjavik

I talked with Stefan a couple of days before I arrived in Reykjavik and asked for a mountain bike... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
MJ A
The BEST way to explore Reykjavik

My sister and I visited Reykjavik earlier this month and since we were only in the city for a... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
CatPear9399

All reviews golden circle private tour wonderful introduction old harbour great guide your bearings thingvellir national park gullfoss waterfall northern lights stefan ride edda tours route exercise gloves pace
Reviewed January 2, 2018

Our time in Reykjavik, Iceland was December. Some members of our group had been on Stefan's Segway tour, and said we must use him as our Iceland Tour Guide. I am so glad we did.

From the Northern Lights to the Golden Circle Tour to the Southern Coast Tour to the Secret Lagoon, Stefan was the total package. Bike Tours obviously are a small part of his offerings. When looking to book a bike tour, make sure you check out everything he offers, you will not be disappointed.

Your trip will be much more personal and tailored to you!

ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you John, it was a great pleasure to show you the sights! I wish you a happy new year and all the best in 2018. Travel safely and see you again soon in Iceland :-)

Reviewed December 15, 2017

I have used Stefan as a professional guide twice. First in the summer of 2014 and the second time in December of 2017. His knowledge of his country, its history, cultures, stories, and myths are shared with you as you travel with him. He works with you to deliver a spectacular tour that fits into your desires and interests. He is honest and always on point looking out for you. We cannot think of Iceland without thinking of our tour guide (and our friend) Stefan.

ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2017

Thank you Paul for the kind words. I really loved meeting you and showing you the sites the first time and this time it was even nicer! You've still got some of the northern part of Iceland to see still. I'm already looking forward to your third visit :-) Travel safely!

Reviewed November 28, 2017

George assisted us getting prepared for the bike tour with Stefan. Coming from the tropics in Australia, we were light on for Icelandic clothing. It wasn't a problem, as George provided us with the essential clothing that made our bike tour comfortable. Stefan was a most informative & helpful tour guide, even providing assistance with retrieving my husband's gloves from a homeless man. The poor man had found them 'dropped' at a point where we had been warming our hands, on some steam vents. Stefan handled it most respectfully.
Following the tour, we decided to hire the bikes for the remainder of the day. As I have arthritic knees & walking long distances is a challenge, it was great to be able to explore a large area of Reykjavik & go to key attractions, with the ease of the bike. The bikes were in good order & George provided us with locks. It was a great day on the bikes; highly recommended.

ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my guide service and the service of my shop manager George :-). I remember this bicycle tour and you and this incident with the gloves and the homeless person. Luckily you spotted your gloves and I was happy to negotiate. I'm glad the rental bikes were in good shape and that you enjoyed cycling around Reykjavik. Travel safely and see you next time you're in Iceland!

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

On our previous visits to Reykjavik we had done the tours and exhausted town + the touristy bits, so we wanted something a bit different for our last day.
I called Stefan in Sunday morning and arranged for us to collect 2 mountain bikes within 1.5hrs.
Stefan was prompt and really friendly and helpful - he gave us a map and after I said we were going to do the coast, he suggested we do a sort of circular trip around the coast with Perlan as the last stop before town.
The cost was very reasonable and it was great to be able to ride robust bikes that we felt very comfortable on.
After eating like pigs for a few days, it was so good to be out and about getting one well needed exercise- all with the stunning views of the coastline and surrounding areas.
We hired our bikes for half a day, but if it wasn't our last day then we would definitely have hired them for longer!
Thanks for enabling us to have a great last day Stefan, we will be sure to hire from you next time we visit (and recommend to friends of course!).

1  Thank samanthalea
ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Thank you Sam for the kind words. I'm very glad you enjoyed your bicycle ride along the secret coastline to the lighthouse. It is a secret coastline because it isn't included on the regular Reykjavik city maps. It is a great place to visit as you discovered and the perfect way to see the area is by bicycle. I look forward to see you again in Iceland. Stefan.

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

We loved our tour of Reykjavík with Stefán. There wasn’t a question on any topic that he couldn’t answer. We got an authentic feeling for everyday life in the city, from residential to city centre to old harbour. We couldn’t recommend this tour highly enough.