Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing personal mountain biking tour of Reykjavik

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
MJ A
The BEST way to explore Reykjavik

Reviewed September 18, 2018
CatPear9399
Washington DC, District of Columbia

All reviews golden circle private tour wonderful introduction old harbour great guide your bearings northern lights stefan ride tours route gloves exercise pace neighborhoods culture sites
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I talked with Stefan a couple of days before I arrived in Reykjavik and asked for a mountain bike guide to show me around. This was my first visit to Iceland and as an avid mountain biker from California I wanted to experience the trails first hand. Stefan found a fantastic guide for me and my ride was the highlight of my time in Iceland.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

I’m conflicted about writing this as they were so great getting me registered for the tour before I arrived.
The tour guide provided great information at the stops. However, the pace between stops was very fast, too fast. It was raining, we were dodging cars and pedestrians. Our small group got pretty strung out and my brakes repeatedly locked up in the wet conditions.
The great thing about bike tours is you take your time to enjoy the sights as you pedal along and learn about the area. But we didn’t get to see anything other than at the stops as we were so focused on keeping up and dodging cars and pedestrians.
I think the fast pace was really a detriment to this bike tour.

Reviewed September 20, 2018

My brother, sister, and I rented bikes to take on a bike tour around the Ring Road last summer (2017) and it was a NIGHTMARE. The shifter on one of the bikes broke within the first three days and we needed to wedge a rock between the frame and the front derailleur to keep it in place -- that bike was therefore restrained to a couple of gears. The tires were in awful condition (we should have looked them over more carefully before leaving) such that we finally needed to abandon the trip with ~100 miles left to go. We broke a bunch of spokes (I'd gone on several bike tours before on my own bike and had never broken a single one) and when we were replacing them, we realized they had been put on incorrectly, which may have contributed to the issues. We biked in constant fear of what was going to happen to the bikes next. I'm guessing that this would be a great place to rent bikes if you just want to explore the city, but DO NOT rent these bikes if you're planning a longer trip. I will never rent bikes again -- it's worth it just to ship your bike!

Reviewed September 18, 2018

My sister and I visited Reykjavik earlier this month and since we were only in the city for a couple of days, we decided a bike tour would be a great way to cover a lot of ground. The shop was easy to find and we were greeted warmly by the staff. David was our guide and he was full of facts and humor! The ride was leisurely and we made multiple stops where David would share fun facts, history, and a few insider tips for the rest of our trip. He also made sure to continually ask if we had questions. The Trek bikes were in great shape. I highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed September 14, 2018

George was super friendly, knowledgeable and helpful! Suggested a number of places to visit after the tour. Visited one of the local pools in the city and loved it. Great way to see the city!

1  Thank Simran G
ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Thank you Simran for the kind words about our service. We like to assist cyclist. Happy cycling.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

David did a great job answering questions and giving us information on our tour. The ride was hard at parts due to the wind but still fun and informative. I really enjoyed the art work that was on the old harbor.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

Thank you David for showing us around this beautiful city. The tour was very worthwhile as we went to places that we would probably have missed had we just been wandering around on our own. Reykjavik is not a big city by any standards and cycling around it was very safe and easy. I would certainly recommend this tour as it helps you to get your bearings in the town and is also a fun way of exploring the sites.

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

We are so impressed with George and the bike tour we got! We arrived in Iceland this morning and had a tour with him right after lunch. George was very knowledgeable about the history of this fabulous city and how to get around in it. We hit so many highlights and places that we would like to go back to and spend more time. It was a fairly laid back tour and the pace was excellent four our teen girls. Highly recommend George and his team at the bike shop. He was fun, full of energy and interesting to listen to. The bikes were in great condition which helped make the tour a success. So great! Thank you!

1  Thank Ajm914
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed!
Great Guide, Great Bikes and Great overall experience. A wonderful way to experience and learn about Reykjavik!

It was a 10!

Reviewed July 29, 2018

I did the Classic Reykjavik tour with George as my tour guide and had an awesome experience! I booked this tour from the U.S. before arriving in country and did this the day after I arrived in Iceland before taking off for other parts of the country (which worked well). George had a great sense of humor, did a fantastic job of explaining historical details that I would not have uncovered on my own and made everyone on the tour feel comfortable the entire time. I highly recommend this tour for anyone interested!