“What fun”

Reykjavik Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike Tours & Bicycle Rentals in Reykjavik is a family business started in 2009. Scheduled and private city tours, day tours with or without bicycles. City bikes - Mountain bikes - Touring bikes - Electric bikes Our scheduled bicycle tours are designed for people in good health who know how to balance a bicycle and enjoy learning about the sights visited from a competent and enthousiastic professional tourist guide. If you prefer more challenging rides we do private tours of all sorts. Private bike tours in a vehicle, with or without bicycles, available all year for groups of all sizes. We look forward to hear from you. Stefan & Ursula
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Charlotte
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“What fun”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stefan was a "trip"! He made sure everyone had a good time. He's kind, considerate, happy to be there, and knowledgeable. It was well worth the time and money. Give him a chance!!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank happytravelernc7
ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
How can I not be happy cycling around Reykjavik when I have happy and interested guests like you? Thank you for taking the time to write this review - much appreciated. Stefan

• Finnish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“A great way to spend a couple of hours.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I did the classic Reykjavic tour and found it was a great and informative way to spend a couple of hours.

The bikes are high quality and comfy our guide was imformative and funny passing on interesting facts and some good stories. I did this on my first day and it helped with my navigation around the city.

There is food and rest break at café for you to re fuel although the cycling was easy. A nice way to see some of Reykjavic you may not otherwise see.

Visited October 2013
Thank you so much for writing this flattering review :-). I'd like to mention, for anyone reading this review and possibly joining the 2.5 hour Classic Reykjavik Bike Tours at some stage, that normally we do not include a stop at a coffeeshop. The tour starts at 10 (after breakfast), and finishes at 12:30 (before lunch). However, in this exceptional case we did because a guest requested it, we had a small group, and we could fit it.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Snapshot of Reyjkayvic”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were a group of 8,I have mobility problems and our guide Stefa'n was aware of this when planning our tour.We had requested that we see by way of a "snapshot" the city and this is what we had.It was informative,interesting and fun.I was able to use my Buggy to get off and be a tourist. Thanks
Stefa'n

2 Thank LHVACV
ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Hello, hello!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It was a great pleasure to show you around Reykjavik in the van :-) Travel safely. Stefan
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Two fantastic days of touring in Iceland”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just to let people know, Stefan does more than just bicycle tours. Some friends used him the previous year as a regular tour guide and highly recommended him. When I booked with him last year, he suggested that we limit the total number of people to 9 in his 14 passenger van... 2 of us in each row and one person up front in the passenger seat. As a result, everybody had a window seat and plenty of room for comfort. That was important because the tour on day 1 lasted over 12 hours.

After our cruise ship docked in Reykjavik, Stefan was waiting for us as soon as we got off the ship. Our tour consisted of the Golden Circle and the South Shore. We went to Parliament Plains National Park, Geyser Geothermal Area, and the Golden Waterfall. The entire time we were in the van, Stefan was telling us about the history of Iceland and was sharing some Icelandic sagas with us.

Then we stopped and had lunch in a village called Vik. Afterward, we stopped at a couple black sand beaches one of which had cliffs made of columnar basalt, a valley glacier, and two more waterfalls (Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss) the later which you can actually walk behind.

Day 2 we went to the Reykjanes Peninsula and stopped at the Blue Lagoon for a couple hours. We then returned to Reykjavik and did some more sightseeing before Stefan dropped us back off at the ship.

Stefan's knowledge of the area is amazing. He was very knowledgeable and personable. I would highly recommend him as a tour guide. If we ever get back to Iceland, I will try to hire his services for other parts of Iceland that we were unable to see this time.

2 Thank Tim T
Hello Tim T,
Thank you for the very positive and detailed review, I really appreciate. And thank you for mentioning that we also do private tours in a vehicle, not just bicycle tours. It was a great pleasure to have the opportunity to share in your experience in Iceland. I look forward to our next trip together. Travel safely. Stefan
Belfast, United Kingdom
“brilliant bike tour”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had an excellent tour of Reykjavik with Ursula and Anna! The bikes were so comfortable and i loved that they all had their own names!! (i was very privileged to be allowed Anna's bike! :)) Ursula's knowledge was amazing and we saw so many things that other tours from our cruise ship didn't see on the various bus tours we had been offered. i felt we got a real insight into life in Iceland and the history and politics (and i don't have a clue about politics but i probably know more about Iceland now than my own country!). The bikes were very comfortable and the pace was great (and we felt it justified the amount of food we were eating on a daily basis!). I wish we could have brought them and the bikes on the rest of our trips for the exercise and the info! A brilliant tour and definitely recommended for all levels! Iceland is so bike friendly and you dont fear for your life as you do when cycling in the UK!

Visited September 2013
ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you so much for writing the wonderful 5 star review on TripAdvisor! I am very happy to hear that the bike tour was a success. I definitely enjoyed taking you around Reykjavik by bike.Travel safely, where ever you go!

All the best, Ursula