“Really enjoyable & informative”

Reykjavik Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike Tours & Bicycle Rentals in Reykjavik is a family business started in 2009. Scheduled and private city tours, day tours with or without bicycles. City bikes - Mountain bikes - Touring bikes - Electric bikes Our scheduled bicycle tours are designed for people in good health who know how to balance a bicycle and enjoy learning about the sights visited from a competent and enthousiastic professional tourist guide. If you prefer more challenging rides we do private tours of all sorts. Private bike tours in a vehicle, with or without bicycles, available all year for groups of all sizes. We look forward to hear from you. Stefan & Ursula
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We did this tour on Saturday 9th March, and had a great time! Stefan is really knowledgable and witty with it, had many laughs along the way! A definite MUST when visiting, if only to hear about the Elves!!!

2  Thank dreamer30
ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Unknown to you but common knowlegde in Iceland is that we're all elves, trolls or yule lads :-)

Thank you very much for writing this review. The Elf (Stefan) really appreciates it.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Did this tour on my first day in Reykjavik,and despite the rain, it was extremely enjoyable. It was a great way to familiarise myself with the city, and to see some of the lesser known sights.
Stefan was a great host, with great sense of humour. Answered all of the groups questions, and recommended some amazing eateries.

Its a fantastic way to spend a half day in the city!

1  Thank Fi123
ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Hello Fi 123 - Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate it! Glad you were OK with the rain. In general, if people bring the right clothes, or borrow some of ours what seems like a bad weather day turns out to be great. Travel safely.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I took this tour the first morning after my arrival from Seattle. Stefan was very kind to offer to pick me up from the hotel and it was great since I was really tired from the long flight. Besides me there was a big group of friends from Germany and it made the day really fun. The tour itself was very informative and filled with good humor. Stefan takes great care of his customers, making sure everybody got the suitable clothes, good gear and that everything is fine. Overall, the tour, that lasted few hours, was one of the highlights of my visit to Iceland. I like to bicycle a lot, and to do that in the new city is the big joy for me. To bicycle with good company is even better. Stefan told us a lot about Reykjavik and about Iceland. Also, he took us to the University of Iceland for the coffee break. It was very interesting to learn about Iceland and its people. The ride itself was very easy, and there is almost no traffic in downtown Reykjavik , so we felt very safe. I highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank Alyona77

Hello Alyona77,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review and for recommending us to other travellers. We really appreciate it !

It was a great pleasure to meet you and a priviledge to have the opportunity to show you the city I was born in.

Travel safely.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We did this bike tour only on the day before we left Reykjavik, and had chosen the wrong type of weather as well.

However, we were kept warm and dry by the waterproof trousers that Stefan lent us. And of course, he also brought hot chocolate and biscuits with him, which was a very nice touch.

The bike tour involved going to scenic spots, historical spots, and areas that Stefan likes. He is very knowledgeable about history and current matters about Iceland, that's what we need when we want to find out more about a place.

I particularly like the fact that all the bikes are named. So, Anna (my bike) and I had a good time in this scenic trip around Reykjavik!

MH

1  Thank MazanaH

Hello MazanaH,

Thank you for writing a review for us, we really appreciate it !

I'm honoured by the fact you chose to travel with us and thankful for the positive comments you made about the Classic Reykjavik Bike Tour and the guide :-)

Travel safely.

Stefan

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Agree with all the other reviews, Stefan's a top bloke; the usual rainy day in Reykjavik enlivened by some light exercise and pleasant conversation.

2  Thank Marc S