“Wintertime Reykjavik by Bike”

Reykjavik Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike Tours & Bicycle Rentals in Reykjavik is a family business started in 2009. Scheduled and private city tours, day tours with or without bicycles. City bikes - Mountain bikes - Touring bikes - Electric bikes Our scheduled bicycle tours are designed for people in good health who know how to balance a bicycle and enjoy learning about the sights visited from a competent and enthousiastic professional tourist guide. If you prefer more challenging rides we do private tours of all sorts. Private bike tours in a vehicle, with or without bicycles, available all year for groups of all sizes. We look forward to hear from you. Stefan & Ursula
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I would definitely recommend doing this city tour with Reykjavik Bike Tours. It was quite cold ( -5 C) and windy for our tour, so I think Stefan shortened it just a bit, but covered a number of the main places in the city and along the bay. They are well supplied with appropriate winter weather gear, though we had come prepared as well. Stefan really knows the city and the history of the area - and, in a small country like Iceland, knows a lot of people and current history as well.

We were intrigued to do an evening ride - we saw the Northern Lights over the bay, so that was a plus. He offers a number of tours in and around Reykjavik - it's a great way to orient yourself to the city (though we'd been there for several days) and riding out on the Golden Circle would be great.

Stefan is very interested in connecting with cruise passengers. Contact him to arrange for pick up at the port - whether to do a guided trip or just bike rental - From what we could see as we traveled around the area, Reykjavik has quite a good network of cycling trails all around the city.

1  Thank kahtrav
"ride"
in 75 reviews
"edda"

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We did the cycle tour first. Stefan was a great guide, affable and knowledgeable. The tour was great fun, slightly less cycling than I would have liked but enough to see some great sights. Doing this on our first day gave us a brilliant list of Must-Do's to follow up on later in our stay.
We also did a private tour with Stefan a couple of days later incorporating the Glacier Lagoon and many, many stunning sights. Loved every minute. We were gone around 15 hours I think, and it was interesting and fun and Stefan did a great job of balancing the travel, with the info, with the sightseeing.
The next day we hired cycles from this place too and followed a route Stefan recommended and had a wonderful time. It's a beautiful, quiet, civilised city!

1  Thank Counter76
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We booked the bike tour with Stefan for the morning. We are a family of four - 2 teenagers age 12 and 16 years. It was a great way to see Reyjavik without boring the kids. Stefan is a wealth of inoformation and the cycling was fun and very safe in view of lack of cars. In Iceland - even in the capital. All warm clothing is provided and it is not strenuous.

ReykjavikBikeTours, Owner at Reykjavik Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Glad you enjoyed your tour with us at Reykjavik Bike Tours!

I certainly enjoyed showing you and your family around Reykjavik by bicycle.

Reykjavik is indeed quite safe for cycling and I'm glad I was able to entertain the kids :-)

Happy cycling!

Stefan

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

A group of four if us booked this cycle tour around Reykjavik with Stephan and thoroughly enjoyed it. The local insight and knowledge was second to none. The bikes are in good condition. The tips given by Stephan for the rest of our stay in iceland have been amazing. Something onlylocal insight can provide!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I contacted the company but there was not a tour available in English since they were running a per arranged tour for some French students. By arrangement they lent me a bike and to my surprise also gave me an excellent spontaneous mini tour and some very good advice about where to go on my own. The attention to detail about the cycle was also excellent. I have hired some pretty terrible bikes in the past and I really appreciated the quality of service. They also had some clothes available but it is worth remembering Iceland can be cold in October.
Highly recommend this company, I will be keen to use them again.

1  Thank Dm41_12