“Overpriced”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I rarely eat italian food in restaurants because I always feel cheated, i.e. I pay high price for dishes I can do at home, oftentimes better. This was the case with Rossopomodoro. I started with the $16 calamari. For that price, I got 7 calamari rings that were tasteless, but really tasteless, both the calamari and the bread crumb.

The meat lasagna was excellent, but again I could do as well at home, and at $20, it was not a bargain, even if accompanied by a salad (with no dressing).

The house wine was the only thing reasonablym priced and was very acceptable.

Service was OK

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rossopomodoro is one of the typical "Italian restaurants" you find in almost any city in (at least) Europe. The cuisine is Italian with bruschettas, pizzas, pastas and some mains, there is Italian on the menu - and that's it. But actually nothing genuine. The restaurant is located on the man shopping street and it was conveniently located close to our apartment, therefor we had pizzas there twice during our stay.
The staff was kind and quite efficient, the pizzas were somewhat more than ok and the prizes were reasonable for an Islandic restaurant. The atmosphere was easy and casual. It seemed like the main part of the clientele was tourists, but that seemed to be the quality in all the restaurants is Reykjavik.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We enjoyed a good, small,wood fired pizza here.
This, and a relatively inexpensive bottle of Chianti came to %64.00+.
Welcome to Iceland. Food and drink is expensive in this city but our meal was good and the atmosphere is nice. Worth a try.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

good but not great - it was convenient to my hotel, within an easy walking distance and on the main shopping street(Laugavegur) but I've had better

Reviewed August 16, 2013

On a recent visit to Reykjavik we visited this restaurant and enjoyed the hospitality very much. The first occasion we were with large group and had not booked. Although they were very busy the manager bustled around and made a space for us. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. We enjoyed the experience so much that we returned the following night. The staff were friendly and the food good.