“Jökulsárlón adventure”

Iceland Aurora Photo Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #84 of 372 Tours in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Photography and sightseeing tours to all parts of Iceland.These flexible tours are driven by a passion for photography and the Icelandic nature.Flexible tours for small groups including advice and guidance regarding photography, Icelandic history and geography. Tours include transportation and accommodation outside of Reykjavik.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just came back from Iceland - incredible experience in Jökulsárlón absolutely DO it !
Golden circle - is not that interesting too many people and not much to see

Snifensen ( sorry if wrong) spelling is soo0... peaceful - do it as well
Blue lagun is incredible as well - but you need to spend at least 4-5 hours there

1  Thank Ellen S
"food stops"
"black sand beach"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I went to Iceland in May and got a package tour including the hotel. So we decided to take a "long" one day tour to Jokularsarlon with Lurie. He was very knowledgeable about good places to stop along the way, including another glacier where our group of 4 were the only ones. After the sunset, Lurie drove us carefully back to the city, and we got back around 4 am. That is a big advantage of taking this company's photo tours. The tour guides are also photographers and know the importance of light, angles, location, etc. I would recommend taking 2 days to go to Jokularsarlon though, since there are so many amazing sites along the way, like snow covered mountains enveloped by great while whispy clouds. Lurie was very willing to stop wherever we wanted, but reminded us that we had to divide our time between places. Thank you Lurie for taking us on a great tour!

1  Thank Natureph0t0graphy
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Had a great experience with Iurie as our guide. On the first day of our tour, he was on time and he picked me up at my accommodation and we subsequently drove to the bus terminal to pick up another passenger whom we are sharing the tour with. The three of us were very new to each other but we got to know each other in no time as Iurie was very friendly and was able to relate to travelers very well. In his rover, he provided us each with a bottled water which I thought was excellent. We drove towards the South Coast and stopped at a few popular spots along the way for photographs. Iurie as an experienced guide in Iceland provided us with tips on how to photograph it well. He even volunteered to lend his camera to the other passenger who had a point and shoot camera. We then journey on Jökulsárlón where we would rest for the night. The weather was bad for the whole day, it was raining and cloudy which diminishes the possibility of seeing northern lights. Nevertheless, Iurie stayed up the night to observe the sky. Should the sky clear and when northern lights appear, he will wake us up. For the second day, we visited glaciers of Iceland and other spots. We concluded the night in Reykjavik and Iurie brought us to a spot for northern lights. Despite the cold weather, Iurie had a lot of patience with us as it was our very first time photographing the northern lights.

In short, Iurie was great. I would highly recommend him to other travelers or photographers. He goes the extra mile and will always try to accommodate with the request that we have. He is very approachable and we could ask him anything under the sun. Two thumbs up for him!

1  Thank Displays
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was a 4 day Photo tour with Ilurie. I am an experienced Photographer and traveller. My wife used her iPhone and loved the experience. Multiple highlights as noted by others. Iuries Land-Cruiser and driving was great. This trip was totally individualized and included a few offbeat stops you will never see on a bus tour( US Navy airplane crash site). Many unbelievable
Photo opportunities in an amazing Country. Given as much time as needed to Photograph. I can't wait to return!

Steven Eisen

See more reviews
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Iurie was recommended to me by a local I contacted for travel advice for my first trip to Iceland. I contacted him by email and after presenting several options, he worked with me to plan the perfect travel touring day in Snæfellsnes at the start of my Iceland adventure. It was a great way to get oriented at the onset of my trip. I usually enjoy exploring on my own, but it turned out to be one of my favourite days spent - Iurie knows his stuff both with respect to photography and the most beautiful spots in Iceland. He was completely adaptable to matching my interests in both touring and photography, and I learned a lot as an amateur photographer taking photos with him along the way. Also, he provided invaluable travel advice that I used to plan the rest of my time in Iceland. Iurie is super nice, super knowledgeable, and very easy to plan with. I can't wait to sign up for one of his group tours of Greenland!

4  Thank Ted J