“Snaefellsnes Tour with Kiddi”

Iceland Aurora Photo Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #97 of 348 Tours in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Photography and sightseeing tours to all parts of Iceland.These flexible tours are driven by a passion for photography and the Icelandic nature.Flexible tours for small groups including advice and guidance regarding photography, Icelandic history and geography. Tours include transportation and accommodation outside of Reykjavik.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Snaefellsnes Tour with Kiddi”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

It was a great winter tour. Kiddi knows where all of the good spots are and gets you there safely. The roads were really icy in some places, but Kiddi's SUV is outfitted for seriously fouled up roads, and handled it like a Sunday drive in June. Kiddi is an extremely good listener. He lets you walk around a site and snap away, but will show you a better vantage point if you're not spotting it yourself. Some of the sites I would have driven by completely without knowing it. If you want to save yourself a lot of grief, don't go it alone, book a trip with Kiddi of Iceland Aurora Photo Tours.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Kevin N

• Thai first
Brighton - UK
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Incredible Iceland Photo-tour with Iurie”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have just got back from a 4 day photo-tour with Iurie and it has been one of the most incredible and memorable trips i've ever gone on.

Our guide (Iurie) was fantastic and really helped to improve my photography skills in a matter of days. He was very hands on, showing me how to get the best out of my camera and also helping me understanding general photography concepts.
I picked up more in a few days with Iurie then in the past 6 months of going out on my own!

The tour was great, we hit all the key spots in Iceland which is a truly incredible country.

Having a guided tour was much better then a standard "bus tour" as we were able to go to exactly where we wanted, stay for how long we wanted and really get to explore and photograph everything at our own speed and leisure.

The service from Iurie was amazing, picking us up from the hotel every day, with bottled water in the car waiting for us. He always had lots of suggestions and options of where we could visit, depending on what we wanted to see and get pics of.

I highly recommend booking a guided tour, as you will get the most out of your trip and the whole experience will be much better!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank JamiePryer
England
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Private tour with Iurie Belegurschi”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My Husband and I have just spent 10 days in Iceland, 5 days of which on a Photographic Tour with Iceland Aurora. Due to an overbooking we volunteered to leave the 5 day workshop and go on a private tour with Iurie Belegurschi, one of the other photographers in the outfit.
The first day we shared with Phil from Singapore and had a nice day driving up the west coast photographing various places. The following day we drove in howling gales to our Hotel Smyrlabjorg on the south coast. We stayed there for 3 nights driving to various locations everyday from sun up to sun down... had dinner.... and out again!
We have had an exhausting but BRILLIANT time.
Iurie, who is a published International Photographer, was very relaxed and confident and went that extra mile to get us what we wanted! I wanted wild horses, reindeer and Northern Lights... and thats what I got! We had 2 beautiful days weather and made the most of it being out for sunrise until sunset and then out again for the Aurora until midnight.
He gave us tips and advice on Landscape photography and was very patient with us, and above all, we enjoyed his company and sense of humour!
I must agree with the reviewer before me, the weather is out of our control.... we would have liked lots of snow and blue skies but the weather was springlike without snow and a few grey wet days so you have to make the best of it - it is dissappointing for everyone!
Iurie is a Professional Photographer and an Excellent knowledgeable guide - and when we didn't have snow, we got reflections to die for - and when we got sunshine we got awesome photos.
He worked very hard to get us to interesting places at all times.
Phil and I would 100% RECOMMEND Iurie Belegurschi at Iceland Aurora for a private tour and can't wait to return to Iceland to see where else Iurie will take us.
Thanks Iurie, You are a Star! (and an awesome photographer)

Visited March 2013
4 Thank Minkykins
MA, USA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“2 day Jökulsárlón tour-Exceeded expectations!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Really satisfied with the 2-day Jökulsárlón tour. Ilurie was our guide and he was great! He had some great suggestions and was pretty knowledgable about the areas where we stopped!
We managed to get some fantastic pictures despite the rainy weather. The tour/ stops were extremely flexible so we were able to go back to a couple of spots and squeeze in a few extra stops when the sun stayed out longer the 2nd day. I only had a point and shoot, so Ilurie even let me borrow his camera to take some pics. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone coming to Iceland- So worth it!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Anna S
Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Absolutely Perfect!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I arrived at Reykjavik 6 days and didn't know what to expect. I joined a glacier hiking tour and rent a car to drive around Snæfellsnes and the south coast. I booked a photo tour around the Golden Circle with Owen for my last day (Jan 15th, 2013). It was not the best day to drive on road and sightseeing. It was pouring rain all day with heavy snow and ice on the road.

Owen showed up at my hotel with his gorgeous landrover with so much character which I already knew I would have a great day. Owen is a retired British geology teacher and he used to bring students to Iceland for field trips which makes him so much more experienced and so full of knowledge with the Icelandic landscape. Plus I received my university degree with a geology and physical geography major so everything clicked within the first 5 minutes :)

Owen is very friendly and filled me up with all the interesting information about Iceland and its landscape. The weather was awful for photography but that's exactly what mother nature is. No one can predict and we should enjoy even on a rainy day!! Therefore I was still able to capture some great shots with the company of Owen and shared his professional skills. He's been very patient with this recreational photographer.

For those travellers who didn't have a great time with this company I feel sorry. However please do not forget that it is absolutely your own responsibility to travel with a great attitude (including bringing a bottle of water) !!! Do not expect you can see everything in 1 day. That's a very wrong attitude to start with and don't complain if you can't see the northern lights if you only stay for 2-3 days. YOU do not control the weather and mother nature!! GO WITH THE FLOW and everyone will have a blast in Iceland.

Owen you're an awesome dude!!! :)

Visited January 2013