“Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Iceland Aurora Photo Tours - Day Tours

Iceland Aurora Photo Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #90 of 330 Tours in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Photography and sightseeing tours to all parts of Iceland.These flexible tours are driven by a passion for photography and the Icelandic nature.Flexible tours for small groups including advice and guidance regarding photography, Icelandic history and geography. Tours include transportation and accommodation outside of Reykjavik.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Tony helped me plan a 3 day South/East Iceland trip, the highlight being the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, and an additional 1 day trip to Snaefellsness. He was very responsive to all my emails and answered all my questions about itinerary and equipment.

I was travelling on my own and it can sometimes be a bit awkward when you plan to spend 4 days with a total stranger, but Tony's relaxed and friendly demeanour put me immediately at ease. He is very good at identifying the level of your photography skills and the right balance of 'teaching v leave you alone to shoot'. As an amateur photographer I learned so much in just a few days and have come back with some fantastic shots of Iceland. No question is a stupid question, Tony remains flexible to ensure you get what you want out of the trip, but also teaches you to be a flexible traveller - an important attitude to have in the ever-changing climate in Iceland.

Despite facing some unpredictable and challenging weather, Tony was very adaptable to the conditions and an impromptu snow storm resulting in some great, unexpected shots!

In addition to shooting the 'must see' sights, Tony has a number of locations up his sleeve for those off the beaten track 'money shots'. He travels well-prepared - after returning with soaking wet feet after standing in the ocean for one of those 'money shots' he brought out the spare socks and plastic bags!

On the second evening of the first tour, my camera faced the end of it's life when it fell into the glacier lagoon (long story). Completely gutted at the thought of being half way into a photography holiday without a camera, Tony left me alone to have the sulk I felt I deserved that evening (!), before helping me put it behind me and be positive the next day. He not only lent me his Canon 5D for our final day of shooting, but jumped on the phone and internet to help me locate a replacement and kindly took me there once we were back in Reykjavik.

This trip exceeded my expectations. Not only did I experience an amazing part of Iceland, I was travelling with a safe driver and patient teacher, and have returned a better photographer for the experience.

Would recommend this to photographers of all levels - great experience.

Visited May 2012
6 Thank netherk

• Thai first
Walla Walla, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Best part of Iceland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I am a new amateur photographer and not only did Tony take us around to great places, he also showed us how to use the camera. The weather wasn't as cooperative however, but this added to the excellent pictures we got! We did the gigantic group thing, but the smaller one-on-one is much better, and we saw more sights than on the large tour bus. We'll be back.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank TravelGinRN
Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The way to experience Iceland & elevate your photography skills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I came back from my trip from Iceland more passionate about photography and excited to return to Iceland. A bus tour simply can't provide the same level access that a private or semi-private excursion with Iceland Aurora can. Although I'm a relatively experienced photographer, Tony took my skills to the next level.

3 Thank Greg P
London, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great photographic opportunities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

These tours work very well for photographers. Tony knew exactly the locations a photographer would want to be and would spend as long as necessary in the field to ensure that you got the shots you wanted. I was able to get stunning aurora pictures as well as great landscapes. He was very helpful with suggestions for accommodation and met all my requirements for the trip.

4 Thank Richard M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing Tour - One of the Highlights of my Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I made a last minute decision to cancel my rental car and to book the Iceland Aurora Photo Tour. It was an incredible tour and I'm glad to have taken it. The weather was mostly raining, however I decided to still go on the tour. I'm so happy that I did. Even if I hadn't ended up with a single "keeper" photo, seeing the amazing landscapes with Iceland Aurora Photo Tours was simply breathtaking. Kiddi was our tour guide and had a fantastic knowledge of the area. It would have been impossible for us to navigate Iceland like this on our own. I can't praise it enough..... Thanks Tony for a fantastic business!!

3 Thank Joe D