“Different coffees with refill included. Big pieces of cakes.”
Review of Kaffitar

Kaffitar
Ranked #8 of 35 Coffee & Tea in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Description: Kaffitár is an Icelandic roasterie, specializing in importing, roasting and serving the finest Arabica coffee beans. Apart from the roasterie, the company owns seven coffee stores-espresso bars or cafés. They are located at our roastery in Reykjanesbaer, in Kringlan shopping mall, in Smáralind shopping mall, down town on Bankastraeti, in the Culture house at Hverfisgata, in the National museum and at Höfdatorg. We buy 75% of our coffee directly from the farmers, this we call "from farmer to cup" which means that our buyer, has visited the farm and selected the coffee. Lots of our direct coffee comes from Ricardo Rosales at Jesus Maria in Nicaragua. El Injerto in Gvatemala and Daterra in Brazil are also farms which we buy a lot from. Our experience is that we get better coffees and more consistent quality. Kaffitár also runs it's own Artisan bakery, Kruderí witch specializes in sourdough bread and delicious pastry.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stopped for a coffee and got also tea and cake. The location is perfect, just in the main street. There was coffee from Kenya and South America (I had both) and refill is included. Good selection of tea also. The cake we had was with some nuts and meringue and it was big enough! Unfortunately the choice is very limited (two different cakes, a pie, some cookies, muffin).

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

These places are all over Reykjavik, and are well priced, and decent coffee... food is about what you see and expect in any American coffee shop. seems to me that it is aspiring to be sortof a starbucks knockoff, and probably doesn't fall too short of that mark (depending uponyour feelings on starbucks). A decent place tostop in and get coffee on the go and grab a pastry to go with it. We have stopped inon numerous occasions during our time in Iceland.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I often stop at Kaffitár and grab a soy or rice latte to go. I occasionally grab coffee to go and I have few times had coffee in some of their coffee shops. I like it but I don´t love it. It isn´t very cosy, its quite loud and you never smell the coffee, you smell croissants. The food is also nothing special and their filter coffee isn´t strong. I like Kaffitár more like a take away place.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Kaffitár seems to get everything right. Great coffee, respect for the world and the environment, cozy atmosphere.... Expect to meet the cultural elite of Reykjavik in the morning, and upcoming poets and writers during the day.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I love this coffee shop. The girls that work here are super cute and friendly. Always great coffee! I walked by at night one time and it had turned into a ballroom dancing place. I also like this place because it has a lot of seating room, more so than the average coffee shop in reek