“A really lovely lunch”
Review of Hofnin

Hofnin
Ranked #25 of 509 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hofnin has a beautiful seaside view overlooking the harbour.
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Coming in from the cold and windy harbour the restaurant felt cosy, we had a friendly welcome, great service and really enjoyed the food.
As it's now February and it all took place back in September I am a bit flaky on details but just remember how much I enjoyed our lunch.
In terms of cost, for Icelandic circumstances, i.e. everything is too expensive, I don't remember being shocked at their prices so must have been reasonable.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is the first time that I have written a review on Trip Advisor, but my daughters and I had such an exceptional meal that I felt that I must make an effort to share my experience. Not only did we have the most delicious food and house wine, the waiter was very attentive and great atmosphere. We hadn't booked and there was only two tables left and we were then moved to the reserved table by the window before we ordered our meal. In the process my daughter had left her newly purchased head band behind and as we were leaving early the next morning I e-mailed the restaurant on my return and they very kindly posted it back to me free of charge. This is certainly somewhere I would love to return to if we ever went back to Reykjavik.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Great location, very good service ( there was more than one waiter - see earlier review) cosy , friendly atmosphere. But the food was ok but really not great. I read an earlier review complaining of the steak. I concur. It was tough and tasteless. My wife had the set meal and found the soup too too rich and the lamb greasier than she'd normally expect. Must say though the chips were good. Having read the earlier reviews I expected a bit more

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Don't let the garish outside colors fool you. This is a great place for a romantic dinner, even in the dead of winter. Icelandic mussels, Arctic char, some of the best fried potato wedges I've ever had. The house white wine was perfect with all. Was very well-treated even though dining alone. Prices not too bad, considering location. suzannethetravelmagpie

1  Thank suzanne k
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner for the first time at Hofnin. Great food, atmosphere, and view, but be prepared for an extremely long wait. This is not the waiter's fault, the reason is that they do not staff enough people (at least the night we went). Basically, one waiter was responsible for every single table in the restaurant. We only spoke with him to order and pay the bill...

overall: great food, good view, but average value considering the high price and low quality service with a long wait time