“Excellent food and ambience”
Review of Hofnin

Hofnin
Ranked #24 of 464 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Soups, Scandinavian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Hofnin has a beautiful seaside view overlooking the harbour.
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and ambience”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

After enduring a very rough whale watching cruise it was very welcome to find a wonderful small restaurant within a few hundred yards of the boat excursion harbour dock. It was early around 5pm and there was a large group of locals already eating, always a good sign, and they were clearly enjoying the occasion and the food and drink. I had an excellent 3 course meal, a very enjoyable glass of Icelandic beer/lager with a cappuchino to finish all for about £28 (Uk pounds) in a lovely location overlooking the harbour. What a find.

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Failed to impress.”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This restaurant failed to impress. Very nicely situated at harbour but that is where the good bit stops! Meal came in a complete rush with no time to relax. The soup was ok but the steak was poor and we left the dessert. The restaurant did come recommended but we were very disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Kahleen C
Edinburgh, UK
“Wonderful”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were travelling as a group of 17 for my friends 30th birthday, so we thought eating out was going to be tricky. The woman running this restaurant was superb! In fact everything was superb. we booked with about 3 hours notice and they were extremely accommodating. The Arctic Charr was recommended and chosen by most of the group and I am told it was extremely fresh and delicious- although the portion size quite small/ more veg needed to bulk up the meal.
I had the lamb dish which was the best meal I had whilst in Iceland and one of the tastiest dishes I have ever eaten. Done to perfection for me (medium rare- ask for well done if you don't like pink) it was an excellent combination of flavours,
Reasonable price for a main dish (average ~ £20-£25) although wine is expensive. But it is everywhere in Iceland!
I would highly recommend visiting if you are ever in Reykjavik.

• Visited December 2013
Rimini, Italy
“Lamb of god”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Hofnin is a cozy restaurant located in the old harbour. It doesn't mean that here you can eat only fish, oh no, because their lamb is something magic! The dish has a perfect balance of flavor, you can taste vegetables and sauces while you feel the real taste of the lamb, I mean the wild taste. In my 2 months stay, I enjoyed Hofnin 2 times, and I wanted more. Maybe it has high prices (well, for me!) but it's worth!!

• Visited October 2013
denver
“great fish stew”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful lunch here. The fish stew was more like the consistency of mashed potatoes. It was delicious and different than anything we've had before. I would highly recommend this restaurant, even though it was quite expensive for lunch.

• Visited October 2013