“Loved It!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Goecco Indie Tours

Goecco Indie Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the real Iceland on our down-to-earth eco-friendly tours. As we go along we throw in a bit of good music, local food and just enjoy real people talking to real people! We have made our way into famous travel books and the world press. So if you want to go on a different adventure go with us.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Loved It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

My friends and I signed up for a two-day private tour and Jonas was our tour guide. He brought us to ice caves, lava fields, waterfalls, hot springs, and glaciers. He knows anything and everything about Iceland so ask away! It's pricey but well worth it. You won't be disappointed.

Visited June 2014
Goecco-Reykjavik, Front Office Manager at Goecco Indie Tours, responded to this review, February 20, 2017
Thank you so much for this great review!!! We are glad that you enjoyed our beloved Iceland too!!! Happy you weren´t disapointed and that you felt our tours are well worth the price!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“"Golden (Circle) Tour perfectly describes our private tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

When booking we wondered if this tour would be worth the price but it was so worth it. Four of us had the vehicle and guide, Teitur, to ourselves. Teitur told stories and gave a commentary all day. We visited the usual sites on a Golden Circle Tour but without the crowds as we avoided the times of the bus tours. Added to this were lovely stops in out of the way places to look at ponies, rivers and other views. The highlight for me was sitting in a geothermal pool surrounded by mountain views which made the quick dash in biting cold wind worth it. Off roading in the snow and ice was also fun.
GoEcco know their business well and offer an excellent service and experience. Worth every krona.

Visited January 2014
Thanks a bunch for this great review!!! We are very happy you enjoyed your adventure with Teitur!
And DO come back for more tours soon!

Bakersfield, California
“You get what you pay for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I went on the Glacial Lagoon Tour in late August 2013, and it was one of the absolute coolest days of my life. Yes, this tour is pricier than most other tours, but after going on other Iceland tours, I can definitely say that with GoEcco, you get more than what you pay for. From the start, this team was so helpful. I had trouble with paying through paypal, and Christina walked me through everything via email! We were able to figure out that I could pay via cash once I got to Iceland.
The tour itself was AMAZING from start to finish. Our guide was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. He was so funny, and most importantly, so engaged and excited in what he was doing. We had a "large" group of about 7 people, and it was the perfect size. We all got to know each other and interact, and in our van, it felt like we were going on a family vacation through paradise. Because of the van, we were able to stop and do "family vacation" type activities like feeding Icelandic horses, hiking up to a pool, sitting in a mossy lava field, and walking on a glacier. At the end of the day, we were all exhausted in the most wonderful way.
This tour was perfect for me! I was a 22 year old woman traveling by myself, and I always felt safe, but also challenged. I'm a California girl, and I was SO COLD in Iceland, but the small group allowed me to get out of my comfort zone and embrace the beauty of the cold- sitting in the warm car during activities is NOT optional gurlfriend ;) .
You can't put a price on the perfect day, but at GoEcco, they've tried, and I can say without a doubt that it is a bargain.

Visited August 2013
Wow! So happy to read this great review!!! Thank you so much for your kind words and for joining Goecco! Promise us to come back for more adventures!!! We have so much more to show you!!!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Iceland the only way to see it !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This trip with Jonas was mind blowing. We saw waterfalls you could stand in front of, walk behind or just gaze at the rainbows that form below . Every corner we turned was a delight 8 of us with fixed smiles on our faces. The hot pool between the rocks and the river, Reynisfjara beach. The bat cave, the Viking hut ...what more could you ask for. I'll be back to do the White Night Hike and more but only with Jonas and his team . Fantastic. Takk

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Judyfru
Thanks a bunch for this great review!!! We are so happy you enjoyed your adventure with us! We look forward to show you more of Iceland on our hike and other fun tours :)

Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 207 helpful votes
“The White Night Hiking is a must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

The White Night Hiking was one of the highlights of my 14 days trip do Iceland! It was above my expectations! The trail is easy, very beutiful and unique, with a lot of hot spots and steam, and a hot river bathing at the end, where we had some nice sandwiches and beers. Our guide, Titur, was extremely friendly and enthusiastic, and gave us a lot of information of so many aspects of Icelandic culture, environment, politics and general stuff! I definitely recomend this tour, it was a really nice experience! I will come back to Iceland, and will surely do another tour with Goecco!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank diogopcampos
Goecco-Reykjavik, Manager at Goecco Indie Tours, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
THANK you sooo much Diogo!!!! We are so happy that you like the White Night Hike - personally we think it's one of our best tours ever!!! Take care and come back soon!!!!

Big smiles