“I couldn't ask for more, simply awesome!”
Review of Goecco Indie Tours

Goecco Indie Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the real Iceland on our down-to-earth eco-friendly tours. As we go along we throw in a bit of good music, local food and just enjoy real people talking to real people! We have made our way into famous travel books and the world press. So if you want to go on a different adventure go with us.
Samarinda, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I couldn't ask for more, simply awesome!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I visited Iceland on July 2012 with my friend and decided to book a one-day tour around Snaeffelessnes Peninsula. The tour itself was beyond my expectation, simply because we got Jonas, a passionate and proud Icelandic as our guide. During our tour, he never failed to awe us with his knowledge and life story. He picked places that we visited with genuine care and enthusiasm, so that we as his client would get the most enjoyment.

To be honest, it wasn't felt like a tourist tour at all. It was more like we were accompanying him in a journey to endeavor his most cherished memories in Snaeffelessnes. Every place has personal attachment, every place has unique story. For example, when we had a lunch in a restaurant that for him has the best fish soup, he showed us the beautiful collection belongs to the restaurant owner. The collection is the heart-shaped stones collected over the years and carefully arranged at the window sill. I also will never forget the experience of standing at a sea cliff's edge and looking below to see the sea birds' nesting. Then, he told story when he explored this coast area with canoe in his younger time. Not to mention having a spirit reviving bath in the middle of nowhere. I don't think I could have these kind of stories if I took the bigger tour.

In addition, we were free to have a trip with our own pace. To quote Jonas' own words, "We need to take a considerable time to allow us fully embracing the sense of a place". I agree whole-heartedly. Until today, I am so grateful to had a tour with Jonas. I will definitely consider to book him again if I visited Iceland someday.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Nuzula E
Goecco-Reykjavik, Owner at Goecco Indie Tours, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Nuzula,
Thanks for the amazing review!!!! It was a pleasure to have you on our tour and thanks for keeping in contact and sending all those great photos!!!! Come back soon!!!!

Best
Jonas

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great experience despite the cancellation”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Whilst our tour was cancelled due to the weather (the winter storms made driving extremely hazardous) Jonas was a great guide for the time we had him, and has a great sense of humour. He really cares about his job and his clients, and when we had to turn around back to Reykjavik after venturing out briefly to attempt to get to the Glacier Lagoon, he went out of his way to make our experience great; I really wanted an Icelandic football jersey and he managed to locate (after some searching) a shop that sold them. When we return to visit again we will definitely be taking a tour, not only for the company but also for the amazing service they offer.

Visited December 2012
Goecco-Reykjavik, Owner at Goecco Indie Tours, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hi from Goecco

Many thanks for the comment. I am still wondering about your wife, what a great woman letting you get away with collecting soccer t-shirts.

Thanks for a great and short day, the weather was just insane so we canceled, safety first, thanks for the understanding.

Hope to see you guy´s in the future.

Jonas and Christina
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Just plain friendly!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We were lucky to have Jonas himself as our guide to Snaefellesnes. He loves the place and his enthusiasm really shines through. He has found a very secret place for bathing in a geothermal pool, which was really special - like having a bath outdoors in the snow! The area is spectacular - my partner has fabulous photos to take home.
In an ideal world all tours would be made with Goecco! See for yourself!

1 Thank Dilys F
Goecco-Reykjavik, Owner at Goecco Indie Tours, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you so so so much for coming on our tour - it was a real pleasure to meet the two of you! I really enjoyed our good conversations! Hope to see you back in Niceland soon!!!

BEST
Jonas
Uig,Isle of Lewis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I visited Iceland with my older sister and brother, and we all think our Goecco trip was one of the best things we did while we were there. We were the only people on our trip and Jonas and Christina (his girlfriend) looked after us all so well. Jonas was filled with local knowledge and enthusiasm. Firstly we went to the continental ridge and Jonas told us about the Icelandic parliament that is based there. Afterwards we travelled to Gulfoss (the waterfall). The journey there was comfortable and we listened to some brilliant Icelandic music (which we bought later on in Reykjavik!) afterwards we went to a lovely cafe and had some delicious soup. We then went to the famous geyjsirs. We later travelled to a beautiful natural spring for a quick bathe. On our way there we saw some lovely Icelandic ponies and we stopped and had a chat with them! We then went to another waterfall, Jonas showed us a route to get behind it. Jonas gave us some rotten shark and my brother had some schnapps! Overall we had a brilliant trip and we would like to thank Jonas very much for looking after us so well.

Megan Wade aged 13 (written with dad's permission!!)

Goecco-Reykjavik, Front Office Manager at Goecco Indie Tours, responded to this review, February 20, 2017
Hi Megan,

Thank you for taking your time in writing these kind words. We truly appreciate getting feedback for our line of work, as it keeps us at our toes! We are very happy to read that you and your family had an amazing time with us and that you had a brilliant trip :)

Kind and happy thoughts from Iceland
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We Love Goecco!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My friend and I visited Iceland in late November and signed up for a Goecco tour. It was honestly some of the best money we've ever spent. Our tour guide, Jonas, was incredibly informed, friendly and flexible throughout. We were fortunate enough to have him all to ourselves for the day and he took us to every sight and location we desired to see, giving out helpful suggestions along the way. He also introduced us to some amazing Iceland musicians throughout the day. We never once felt rushed and were able to stop for lunch and snacks whenever we needed. Jonas gave us a very educative, exciting and personal experience and we would highly recommend him and Goecco to any tourist visiting the region.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank TravelingFriendsNY
Greetings from Iceland!

Thank you for taking your time in writing these honest and kind words. We truly appreciate getting feedback for our line of work, as it keeps us at our toes!
Happy to hear you love Goecco and that you highly recommend going on tours with us!

Kind and thankful regards from Goecco