“Loved this cozy coffeehouse!”
Review of C is for Cookie

C is for Cookie
Ranked #3 of 24 Coffee & Tea in Reykjavik
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Description: Famous Illy coffee, delicious homemade cakes, breakfast and lunch available all day, cozy atmosphere and shiny happy people - what more could you ask for? So if you're in town you just have to pay us a visit, we'll be here for you. With cookies :)
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to this little cafe' everyday. We rented an apartment one building down and loved walking here in the mornings for our breakfast. I can't drink regular milk, so this place scored major points with me as they had soy...and I could actually enjoy a cappuccino! I loved the cozy chairs and homey atmosphere, as well as their breakfast egg sandwiches and sun-dried tomato panino. They also leave out a little cup of fresh chocolate so that you can garnish your latte or cappuccino. This was a nice touch I didn't see at other places in Reykjavik. Lastly, the prices are reasonable. Doesn't get much better!

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across C for Cookie while roaming the neighbourhood around the famous big concrete church (which, incidentally, looks smaller inside than from the outside).

The coffee was decent, if a bit milky; the big, soft cookie was perfect.

By the by, it's very near the Nordic restaurant Snap.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Visit this place for the baked Polish chocolate cheesecake. We visited twice in as may days just to have this. The other items we tried like the chocolate cake (a decadent chocolate fondant, with chocolate sauce topped with wedge of white chocolate) was rich but not memorable. Coffee was also average.

The interior was spacious and comfortable. In good weather, one could also sit down on mats laid out by the cafe (picnic style) in good weather.

The place has free WIFI.

1  Thank Gavin C
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I absolutely loved this cafe. It's tucked away in a small street near the church. Look for the sign leading to it. The interior design is lovely and welcoming, a bit like going into someone's home. The staff is friendly and laid back, and it seemed that everyone that walked in (a mix of tourists and hipster locals) took one look around and relaxed. The cookies were good, as was the hot chocolate. It's a shame they close early (18:00) because we really wanted to go back there in the evening. The tables are nicely spaced so it's not cramped even though it's small.

2  Thank Rachelle K
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I were looking for somewhere affordable where he could use the wifi for a business conference call. The sandwiches were delicious (as are ALL sandwiches in Iceland.) The deserts looked great and then weren't quite as tasty as they looked, but that could just be a matter of taste. The coffee was out of this world and served in cups the size of flower pots with free refills. Plus charming and helpful staff.