“Home from home”

C is for Cookie
Ranked #6 of 40 Coffee & Tea in Reykjavik
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Description: Famous Illy coffee, delicious homemade cakes, breakfast and lunch available all day, cozy atmosphere and shiny happy people - what more could you ask for? So if you're in town you just have to pay us a visit, we'll be here for you. With cookies :)
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Love this place! We were staying in the hotel across the road and came here for breakfast, we liked it so much we came back at lunch for a drink and cake. It has such a cosy feel about it and I love the vintage decor. A lovely place to relax and warm up in after a long day exploring reykjavik!

1  Thank CPWest27

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stopped off here for a hot drink to warm ourselves up - I had a hot chocolate and my husband had a mocha and they were served up in the biggest cups I have ever seen! We both enjoyed our drinks, and shared one of their Peanut butter and M&M's Cookies which was nice (and was also pretty big - glad we shared one!)

There was a mixture of locals and tourists in the cafe, which is good to see, and by the time we left the place was full. Definitely a nice, relaxing, cosy spot to stop off for a coffee/hot chocolate. They even have free WiFi as well!

1  Thank Holidaymad
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Poped in here after the running the capitals 10k and it was as good as I remembered from visiting when I was in town with my family two years earlier. The food selection is simple but effective and there is a fun vibe about the place the staff are very friendly and the whole place makes you want to go back as soon as you've left. If I lived in Reykjavik I'd be in there all the time.

1  Thank Campervan_Kid
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We went here for a breakfast/lunch and the atmosphere was good, a laid back cosy café! We ordered several hot drinks and some lunch. It was a pity that we didn't try the cakes, which looked so good! The coffee art was surely nice!

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I have no idea why this coffee shop has such great reviews. My boyfriend and I searched for it specifically on account of the TA rating, and we were totally disappointed. The selection of food was really minimal (4 cookies, some chocolate cakes that had clearly risen and fallen so they had huge holes in them, some dry looking brownies). We found that the staff were unfriendly, but each ordered a cookie and a drink anyways to see what the fuss was about. Our Reese's pieces cookies were dry and had very few Reese's pieces in them - they reminded me of the cookies you get at bad conference buffets.

All in all, we're totally confused about why this place impressed others.

C_is_for_Cookie_Cafe, Manager at C is for Cookie, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Hi, we are glad that you searched out our cafe while you where here but also sad to hear that we did not live up to you expectations. We will have to take your points and try and improve on them so that if you ever decide to give us a second chance we will hopefully be able to do a better job.
But nonetheless I hope you still enjoyed your trip to Iceland and that you may come back somtime :)