“excellent trip”
Review of Season Tours

Season Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whether you are interested in sailing, hiking, driving, strolling or flying above Iceland, Season Tours can fulfill your dreams and cater to all your wishes. Specialized, knowledgeable guides provide the rest as they educate, inform, entertain and inspire you on your travels. Season Tours is a company that specializes in small groups and personalized services. The staff is dedicated to rendering quality service. The guides were educated at the University of Iceland and will not only show you around the beautiful and inspiring nature of Iceland but also tell you all about the Vikings, the Icelandic Sagas, the history of Iceland, the geology, culture, cuisine, flora and fauna. The interesting and well documented 1100 years of human habitation of this volcanic island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean will come alive at the places where the most significant events took place.
Reviewed February 26, 2014

went on a small party of 7 with this company,and from start to finish,it was excellent,showed me how to use my camera settings to get fantastic photos of the lights,excellent guide,really recommend going with this company,

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"personalized tour"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed February 23, 2014

If you are looking for something different, away from the crowds with the personal touch, Season Tours is definitely for you.

These guys really understand customer service and provide a service that you would hope to provide for anyone visiting your own country. They gave insight into local life, reordered the tours so as to avoid the huge coaches and took us to places that you just know others would not see.

I would really recommend the 'extreme' versions (I think they are renaming this option) which takes a little more time but allows you to touch/feel/smell Iceland.

Tiff and Gunnar the partnership that is 'Season Tours' are superb. I don't think you get a feel of just how good these two are and what they offer from their website. We did 3 tours with them 1) the Northern Lights Photography Tour 2) Golden Circle (extreme) and 3) The South Tour (extreme). 3 of us did the tours and had the same concern; that the final tour would not measure up to the rest of what we had seen. Not the case! The South tour was superb with all the personal touches that make something really memorable. For example, Tiff provided samples of local delicacies (not rotting shark thank goodness), and when one of us mentioned that they had heard of something he stopped and purchased it from a local store. Gunnar, who led the photographic tour, gave tips that just made the photographs really special.

Gentlemen, if you read this, thank you so very much for making our trip so very special.

Don't hesitate, give them a go if you are looking for some very special memories.

1  Thank Louise W
Tyffi, Owner at Season Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Lousie W
Thank you and your husband for a spectacular few days in Iceland. Looking forward to your next visit

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We booked a Northern Lights tour with Season Tours and Helene was excellent in providing help to capture a photo. I knew nothing about my camera but she was able to finally figure out the settings and help me take my own photos. She also had a spare tripod I was able to use. Sadly the Northern Lights did not stay out for long, but at least we saw them!
Thanks to Helene I now know a bit more about photography and will be able to use her advice again in the future.
I highly recommend Season Tours if you are looking for a small personal approach and gaining good advice. It was well worth the money.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to see a fantastic Northern Lights with Tiffy on February 7th in a small group of 5. We were also lucky that we picked such a great tour operator and guide after reading the recommendations on Tripadvisor.

Both Gunnar and Tiffy were excellent to deal with. Professional, quick communication, comfortable transport, fantastic local knowledge and Tiffy was happy to answer my many many questions about all things Icelandic!

While you can't guarantee a Northern Lights sighting you can increase your chances by going with a small operator who is passionate about doing their best to facilitate this. They wait until the last possible time to assess probability and then have the flexibility to go off and hunt the lights in unusual/secret spots .We did not see another tour operator on our expedition and it felt like we were in the middle of nowhere allowing for a really special experience. We really believe that their personal approach and knowledge made all the difference. Thanks for a really great memory from a fantastic trip.