“Nice and handy”
Review of Harry's Reykjavik

Harry's Reykjavik
Ranked #22 of 504 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were staying in the Best Western and Harry's was just next door. It's small but a nice atmosphere and they were very obliging. The staff were friendly and the food good with an Asian twist. Most mains seemed to be fried. The spring rolls were good and battered fish and chips (haddock) and pan fried Hadock with garlic excellent. We let them know we were on a Northern Lights trip and so the service was quick. My only complaint was we had a table opposite the door and there was a cold draft all the time as the door doesn't seem to close properly. Otherwise excellent.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

As with a lot of tourists, we arrived late in the afternoon to Iceland's capital of Reykjavik only to find NO restaurant facilities in our hotel (Best Western)! But all was not lost as the receptionist pointed us in the direction of Harry's which was just across the road from the hotel. Here we were greeted by "Harry" and immediately shown to a table where we were presented with the menu. The menu was of a good selection of starters, main and desserts with alcoholic or other drinks to order. I am partial to Prawn Cocktails! and theirs went very high on my favourite list. SO top marks for the starter. I / we had various main meals here throughout our stay and are very happy with the service and meals alongside their prices of which I found fairly priced compared to most other restaurants; taking in account of the cost of dining in Iceland. We never saw the Northern Lights, nor did we go on the Whale watching due to cancellations, but who cares? we enjoyed your company Harry and yes I would put myself out to visit your establishment if and when we return to Iceland. PS. How are the Irish coffees going?

1  Thank 461Pearce
Reviewed November 26, 2013

It is like a basic bistro restaurant.
but to sum it up.
excellent fish and chips. great service and fair prices.
when i return to iceland i will go back there ;)

1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Visited here with my partner on the back of the reviews on Tripadvisor. Perhaps that's what had raised my expectations as we didn't see what all the fuss was about!

The food was okay and came in good sized portions. The service was also just okay.

The location is a bit further out of the city centre, but there are a few hotels nearby so may not be such a big issue for some.

There's nothing wrong with Harry's, we just didn't see why it was so high up in the Tripadvisor ratings.

1  Thank Adam D
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We dined in this restaurant because the hotel only served breakfast and it was right next to the hotel.There was four of us and we all had different meals and every one was excellent.I had fish and chips.The service was great and prompt.

1  Thank johnA965OL