“One of the best VALUE restaurants in Reykjavik”
Review of Harry's Reykjavik

Harry's Reykjavik
Ranked #19 of 464 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nottingham
“One of the best VALUE restaurants in Reykjavik”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have just returned home from Reykjavik Here is my review of my best restaurant.

Harry's was recommended to me. So of course, we visited. The food in Harry's is superb. We visited on two separate nights, and had excellent service and excellent food. It is a "bistro" style restaurant, very relaxed atmosphere. The place seats about 24 or so, depending if two people take up a table for four.

The place is a TINY bit off the main town center, but don't let this put you off. It is right next door to a Best Western hotel in the center of Reykjavik.

The food is priced somewhere around 50% cheaper than most of the restaurants on the main drag nearby. TRUST me , we must have looked at every one on them !!

Try Harry's fish and chip's ? You will be delighted - and trust me , I am a connisseur of fish and chips. Try the beef in oyster sauce - amazing .

My top recommendation for Reykyavik without spending a fortune for a meal.

HIGHLY recommended. One thing I would say is , DO BOOK before you visit !!

3 Thank trevm77

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
essex
“Great if you stick with the signature dishes”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Took a bit of finding but worth the hunt. Empty when we arrived at 7.15 but filled shortly after. Signature dish of fish & chips was great. Huge portion, great flavour, lovely light batter, crispy hot chips and good side salad. Kids portion huge and great at half price.
I went for the lamb chops which though tasty were well overcooked and I'm not at all a fussy eater. If had to choose again would go for Philippine dish instead as smelt absolutely fabulous.
Would still have been a 5/5 based on price, fish n chips and friendliness but dessert was complete let down sadly. £5 each for stone cold waffle, bit of basic strawberry jam and cream.
Stick to the mains and its a top place!

1 Thank mrsbizzy
Brooklyn, New York
“Good food, good value, pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Quirky menu...fish and chips (also shrimp and chips) and the like, as well as a range of Filipino dishes. And (my choice) a salad that except for some lettuce was basically a Greek horiatiki (cucumber, tomato, onion, olive, feta, oil...).

My wife had the shrimp and enjoyed them, and the sauces that came with them. I had chicken breast added to my salad, and was pleased that it was cut up and mixed in, not just dumped on top. The dressing was nicely adjusted and not too heavy.

Unfortunately, the skyr cake we were looking forward to was not available, but the warm appie that we had was a winner. Total for the two meals, tea, coffee and the dessert was about $50.

Service was efficient and friendly, and I left with only one question; why is everything on the menu in both English and Icelandic except the dessert page which is only in English?

1 Thank pheymont
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“harrys bar”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

finally found Harrys Bar...lovely little restauarant....reviews are all so spot on...the service was excellant....very attentive...we had the "fish an Chips" ...make sure your hungry!!!

1 Thank Jill R
“Lovely little place”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We decided to pay this place a visit as it was just around the corner from our hotel and it had such positive feedback on here. We were pleased to find that the food was delicious! We ordered two of the specials, fish and chips and the salmon in sweet chilli sauce. Both were yummy! The service was good and atmosphere quite relaxed. It is worth a visit for the lovely seafood! Bare in mind it is a small place with seating for about 20 people so if you want to go I would suggest going early. Also we did try and go on the Monday but it was closed so it's worth double checking opening times for Monday. Definitely worth a visit!

1 Thank Ms-greeneyes5