“"The best restaurant in iceland!"”
Review of Harry's Reykjavik

Harry's Reykjavik
Ranked #29 of 509 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I was once a tourist in Iceland. Such a nice country. But, the very unforgettable place that i would never forget is the food and services offered in 'HARRY'S RESTAURANT'. It is just a small place but the value that you will get will be compared to the high class restaurants. I really LOVE the food because it was well cooked and the money that i paid was worth it! =) Thanks to the hospitable staff of the restaurant and sure thing is i will return in iceland just to go back to HARRY´S. I highly recommend this place for new tourists like me because you will not be disappointed and this is one of the best spots in iceland that they should be proud of! high five for you guys! Godbless!!

pluto22, Owner at Harry's Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

We thank you very much, Kris.

Reviewed March 13, 2011

As promised - see my review dated 05 December 2010 - we went back to Harry‘s some months later, this time a group of three of us. We‘d booked a table which was definitely necessary.

We all began with a glass of the house white wine, an Argentinian sauvignon blanc from Intis, light and dry. This time for a starter we chose to share a plate of deep fried calamari in batter, crispy and perfectly cooked, avoiding the rubbery texture so often found with this dish, and accompanied by thin slices of a baguette and mini-naans, sweet chilli sauce, a lovely garlic sauce, and butter.

For our main courses we choose deep fried prawns in batter, Lechon Kawali - a dish of crispy pork, both with salad and steamed rice, and noodles, vegetables and tofu. Our wine was a bottle of Morande Pionero Chardonnay from Chile, a full flavoured wine which goes well with spicy dishes.

We didn‘t have a dessert or coffee. The total bill, for three, was kr. 16.150, of which kr. 8.750 was food. Without tax that‘s about kr. 8.200 (US$ 71). As always, no gratuities in Iceland!

Harry‘s will be a regular spot for casual meals in the future!

Reviewed March 7, 2011

Followed the advice of others on trip Advisor who stayed at Hotel Reykyavik and ate at harry's . Very good food, big portions, friendly service and, for Iceland, excellent value.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

We loved the food here! Authentic and delicious! Had the chicken curry and beef.

pluto22, Owner at Harry's Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

Thank you very much for that comment, Chris.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

After having read all the rave reviews for Harry's Icelandic/Phillipino restaurant, that was the first place I wanted to eat on my recent visit. The food was very good-- I ordered the teriyaki salmon, and my husband ordered fish and chips. I was surprised to not see a listing of appetizers/ starters, but the waiter was able to accomodate our request for an appetizer. I'm not sure that I'd advise people to go out of their way to eat there, but it was a good meal and, considering Iceland's high prices, a good value.

2  Thank AmoebaGal