“What a find! Simple but absolutely delicious thai noodle soups”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nudluskalin

Nudluskalin
Ranked #112 of 461 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Fast Food, Asian, Soups
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“What a find! Simple but absolutely delicious thai noodle soups”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We had got to the "we really must eat" stage and by chance passed this small and unpretentious noodle bar, not far down the road from Hallgrímskirkja Cathedral. The menu in the window offered a range of what they termed soups, but actually were far more than that, varying from vegetarian to options including meat. In fact, their card also mentions vegan options - a rarity in Iceland. We both had a coconut, chicken and ginger soup with many other tasty ingredients. It was made as we waited and the ingredients are in containers, so this doesn't come out of an over-boiled pot. The soup arrived in a large dish, mainly noodles, with coconut cream, grated carrot, fresh corriander, herbs, spices and small pieces of chopped chicken in a fragrant broth. The staff were helpful and pleasant and we were asked how spicy we wanted our meal. It was absolutely delicious and I only wish I had the recipe. Simple and relatively cheap, I couldn't eat it all, but this was one of the best meals I had all holiday. Thoroughly recommended!!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Food_Lover186317

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious taste with great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Eating in Iceland is expensive. This is why Nudluskalin is a great option if you are on a budget. The decor is nothing special but the soup I ordered (noodles with coconut soup, peanuts and turkey meatballs) was delicious and inexpensive...and great for a cold or rainy day!

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Maria M
Vancouver, Canada
“Yummy noodles and cheap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I ate here almost every night whether it was a snack or dinner. I like eating on the go and did not want to spend too much time or money on food since my time was limited in Iceland. I had the soup with coconut and noodles with chicken. It was super tasty, fast, and cheap! Quick delicious bite!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Emilen E
“Best nuddles in Reykjavík”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Small casual place @ Skólavörðustígur. Wonderful staff & delicious food !! My favorite is nr.C it's realy tasty... DON'T MISS IT :)

1 Thank Helga J
Neustadt bei Coburg, Germany
“Quick and fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

The choice of places to grab something quick in Reykjavik, especially along Skolarvordustigur and Laugavegur, is huge. I'm glad I chose Nudluskalin. The coconut soup I had was prepared quickly, absolutely delicious, and made with 100% fresh ingredients. Also, sitting there, enjoying the food, and just watching the people outside, was a nice and relaxing moment on a busy day.

• Visited June 2014